Defective lighting fixture?

drrhein

Hi folks, just moved from my motorhome to a 2010 landmark grand canyon.
Have two problems I'm hoping you can help with.

the lighting fixture over the pantry area in the hall goes off after 30 seconds, leave it off for a while and turn it
back on and it does the same thing. The mfgr is direct sourcing alliance (Who the heck is that!)
Phone doesn't answer. 12VDC fixture model number 18SW-I.. Any source for these?? Also is there a wall switch for this light?
It's a pita to turn on from the light.

second problem is surrounds around all blinds have come detached at the bottom. Seems to be a screw through the fabric.
How the heck do you fix that.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis & Georgie

fawsty

I can't answer the first part, but the screws come loose all the time on my BH. I just get the screw gun out and reattach them the best I can. Doesn't help much, but you now know you are not alone in this....

jbeletti

Dennis and Georgie,

I believe the hallway light fixture in the 2010 is fluorescent. In that case, you likely have an ad ballast. You can likely buy a replacement light fixture from Heartland (877-262-8032).

There is usually a wall switch there in the hallway, though the very early Grand Canyon builds did not have the wall switch, if I recall correctly.

brianharrison

The vertical valances are indeed attached by a screw "catching" the fabric and screwing it into the wall. In my case, I have re-attached in the same fashion and made sure not to over tighten the screw and "strip" the hole. Where the screw does not tighten down and the valance continues to come loose, I have drilled out and inserted a drywall anchor into the wall. Where the fabric has ripped, I have moved the screw up or down 1/2 inch or so.

Hope this helps.

Brian

cszimmer

LANDMARK RUSHMORE
Good luck with your lights. We have now replaced under warranty 6 lights. Ballasts all have gone bad. It is nice that they are covered under warranty but now Heartland has switched to a different light all together and look different. So as long as they are in different rooms you are ok but if you have to replace them in a room with multiple fixtures then they look different.

danemayer

The fix is to replace the light fixture. The new ones are from a different vendor and do look a bit different. Nothing you can do about that unless you replace all the fixtures. To order one, you'll need to provide the length of the fixture, or the length of the fluorescent tube.

On the blinds, if the hole in the wall is stripped, get a few tapered plastic wall anchors from Home Depot or Lowes. Find one that matches the screw size and push into the existing hole. Then tighten the screw into the anchor.

rick_debbie_gallant

You might also consider squirting some gorilla glue in the hole. Just not very much.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Red Tapatalk