Gel Coat turning yellow

jdfishing

Over the past year I have noticed the gel coat on the entertainment slide of my 2007 Bighorn is turning a noticeable yellowish color. The trim around the outer edges of the slide is still white as is the metal skirting on the bottom. The rest of the gel coat on the trailer and other two slides seems to be OK or at least not as noticeable. The trailer is washed and waxed regularly and is moved frequently so excessive sun exposure on any one side is not an issue. I just stripped all the old wax off and applied a new coat, but the yellow is still there. My guess is it ain't coming off. Anyone else experience this problem?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry jd, no help from me. I'm pretty sure the slide out wall is cut from the same original piece the side wall is made from. In other word, they make the entire side wall in one big piece and then route out the slide wall sections. I guess I have no explanation why only that section is yellowing. Our's is an 07 but we didn't get the gel coat. Our's is the filon side walls.