Anything Missing?

Jack&Jan

Is there any thing missing on your sundance that you wish you had gotten? We wanted a fireplace heater(I don't know if it is even an option). We bought one on the internet. I removed the two doors from the cabinet under the entertainment center and cut the shelve out and walla the fire place fit perfect. Jack

BJ'sDad

Well, I haven't taken delivery on my 3012RE yet, but the one thing I told the dealer that had to be on the trailer were slide out awnings. I thought it was kind of odd that they aren't at least offered as an option.

One thing I'm going to do is to add doors to the open shelves above the fridge and the rather small pantry to add pantry space.

vangoes

Had slideout awnings put on mine...............they are aftermarket put on by the dealer. They are a must have............from previous experience.

RugRat

I ordered mine with slide awnings, but factory forgot to install them. Ended up shipping them to dealer and they installed. Found the factory price better than what the dealer wanted.

Tom of Ypsi

While I am not Jack I may be able to help you. The fireplace heater that is in my Landmark can be bought at Lowe's Home Improvement. This is a seasonal thing so you might have to wait until August for it. You can also buy this at other home improvement stores or on line, just do a search on fireplace heaters and you will get a bunch of info.

Jack&Jan

Floyd: I bought ours on line from dimplex web site. It was a little less then $300 but the shipping was free. Watch the measurements because they have several models. Ours fit perfect in the 3300sk except for a slight triming on the bottom. I finished it off with oak trim that matched the entertainment center. Hope this helps Jack

Sundance_kid

Hi Jack, just sent you an email, looks like model DP12309, 23.2WX19.8HX10.8D. Is this the one you choose?
Thanks

Sundance_kid

Jack, did you have a grey plastic box in the bottom of you cabinet were you installed the heater? Looks like it's part of the surround sound. If you did, what did you do with it? I think I can mount it to the back wall and have enough room for the fireplace. Sorry to keep bugging you, but I hate to invent the wheel again.
Thanks

RugRat

The grey plastic box is the sub-woofer. If there isn't room, you could always move it to the top part of the cabinet.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Jack, make sure you put some sort of heat shield above the fire place. Some models get hot on the top and it could dry the wood out and start a fire. I would hate to see someone lose something that they love. Especially the second home.

rdkern

I have a 2008 3012re and i noticed that the 2009 models are coming out with the hitch covers...anyone have an idea on the cost.. I know it is just for looks..but hey..i like it.. I also added a fold away flat screen exterior to this sundance if anyone is interested..now i can watch tv outside like the bigboys...lol

grizzlygiant

I have a 2008 3012re and i noticed that the 2009 models are coming out with the hitch covers...anyone have an idea on the cost.. I know it is just for looks..but hey..i like it.. I also added a fold away flat screen exterior to this sundance if anyone is interested..now i can watch tv outside like the bigboys...lol

i just bought a new Sundance to replace my Bighorn...the hitch cover "option price" is $135.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jack, make sure you put some sort of heat shield above the fire place. Some models get hot on the top and it could dry the wood out and start a fire. I would hate to see someone lose something that they love. Especially the second home.

I would also like to second fireflipper. If you have installed the fireplace without a heat shield above it, think hard about adding a heat shield to it.

For those that want a fireplace, it does not heat your trailer.. It basically is good for a few feet around the area and looks nice. But that is all. Many people are disappointed that it will not heat the full living room.

During this winter at Melissa TX with temps down to about 24* we have used 2-150 watt light bulbs in the basement. Up to 4 space heaters in the interior. 1 in the bed room, 1 in the back of the trailer and 2 in the middle. Found that the air return beside the steps to the bedroom was letting a lot of cold air into the living area.