3800 vs 3612

srgt30

Hi all, new to the forum and hopefully new to rvs very soon. After months of online looking and now a few visits to dealers, my wife and I have narrowed it down to the 3800 and 3612 even though we havent seen the 3612 yet. We cant decide, I like the layout of the 3612 best but also like the 1/2 bath. Any owners out there give me any input on these models and also the 1/2 bath, like do you use it, is it worth it, stuff like that. Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
stgt30, welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.
While do not own a Cyclone. I am sure that some owner will be able to answer your questions.

Peace
Dave

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome to the forum - and potentially to the Heartland Family - I have one of the smaller Cyclones 3010, so no option for the 1/2 Bath. I guess it has a lot to do with how you are going to use the RIG. I know if my kids were young, that surely would have come in handy - especially if they were sleeping in the bunks in the Garage - no need to go to the other side of the Rig ( and possible wake dad up ). I'm sure someone will chime in with more relevant feed back related to how they use the 1/2 bath in the Garage.

Kevin

TwoGypsies

These two models were our final choice. We went with a 3812 because it looked to have a bit more kitchen space & cabinetry. We sometimes second guess ourselves and would really like to have had the fireplace in the 3612. We don't miss the half bath, not even when we had several grandkids with us most of last summer. We just had everyone use the park bathrooms.

frumbawa

Welcome to the forum srgt30. We moved up from a Sundance 2998RB which had a 1/2 bath in the back. With two teenaged girls, the extra bathroom was a must and it got used a lot. When we decided to move up, the extra half bath was high on the must-have list but the only rigs that had them where either in the 40+ foot range or floor plans we didn't like. As you can see in my sig, we gave up on the extra bath and went with the 3612. No regrets. Part of that decision though was because our oldest is now away in college and our youngest isn't far behind. When they do travel with us, having only one bath really isn't an issue.

Good luck with your decision. You won't regret the Cyclone no matter which model you go with.

Frank

We looked at the 3010 first but found the garage wasnt long enough for our toys. We bought the 3612 because the 3800 was too much for just the wife and I. We really like our 3612 so far and with only one bathroom it works out fine with us. I know this isn't much information but I hope it helps.

srgt30

Thanks for the welcome and info. The wife and i can do without the 1/2 bath but we ride and vacation with another couple quite a bit and think it may come in handy. Thanks again, glad I still got at least a month before we have to make a decision.

gpshemi

We wanted the 3950 with the half bath, but ultimately went with the 3612 and we love it. In fact we don't miss the half bath in the least. We LOVE the little fireplace and mini fridge. It's a great fit for us.