What wax do you use?

marc515

Now that we're all getting ready to hit the road again, it's time to dewinterize and WAX.
I currently use Meguiars Ulimate on our vehicles, and it is fantastic; thinking I might give it a try on our MPG.

So, what wax have you guys found to be the easiest and best overall?

Happy camping!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I just finished waxing the front cap of our North Trail. After sitting all winter, I noticed a little oxidation that I could not wash off. I used Meguiars gold class, with a 6" orbital buffer. Then followed up with a coat of 303 Protectent. Looked amazing. Better than new.

skyguy

Rejex.Safe over decals. Apply with lambs wool applicator, like you would use to wash windows. Wipe on. wipe off with towels. Shine is still amazing, and bugs dont stick to the front cap.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Next on my calendar of things to do... Wash and Protect with 303... Jamie What was the purpose of the Meguiars gold class and the buffer? Is that some kind of compound? all I see is wash and Wax when I search for that. The last thing I want to do is apply 303 over any residual dirt!

Kevin

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie What was the purpose of the Meguiars gold class and the buffer? Is that some kind of compound? all I see is wash and Wax when I search for that. The last thing I want to do is apply 303 over any residual dirt!

Kevin

Kevin,

I did not want to use the 303 over the oxidation/dirt. The Meguiars Gold Class is a cleaner wax that Meguiars offered a few years back and I had a few bottles on the shelf. It pulled all the oxidation, dirt and scratches out of the surface. It was a perfect, clean, smooth finish when I added the 303. I'll use the 303 by itself now.

Jamie

donr827

With my old trailer I used Meguiares #50 cleaner wax. Does a great job for light oxidation. With the new trailer Mequiares said to use their Flag Ship wax.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I use Rejex on the front/rear caps and Tech 2 or Nu Finish on the remainder.

1231ChaseB

I use some stuff called Optimum ! Gotta be the easiest stuff i have ever used ! Dry's clear, wipe it off or DON'T wipe it off ! Has supposed UV protection ! Right now I'm trying Rejex on the front cap but won't know for a while if it help's with bug clean up or not !
chaseb

sjs731

I just washed and applied Rejex to our entire 3300Ck and let me tell you there is a lot of surface area to cover. It looks awesome. This is the first time I applied any type of polish since our rig was brand new last August. I wash it about once every week anyway so it always looks like new but it has a nice shine to it now. Rejex does a good job and a little goes a long way. I used about 3/4 of a 16 oz bottle. Tomorrow it comes out of storage and gets that tanks and water lines flushed. That is the one thing about Rejex it needs to stay out of the sun for 24 hours to get the best results so it came out long enough to get washed and then went back in to get polished.