Dish tailgater

bob66

Looking into buying a Dish tailgater. Just wondering how well they work? Has anyone had any problems using one?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
No problems yet. If you already have Dish service at your home then you may only need the dish itself. There are now two models of receiver that will work. One is the 211K and the other was recently added.

We have the 211K in the spare room that I pull and put in the 5er. The software is already on the receiver from Dish, you just hook-up and go. Very easy and beats my old manual dish by a long shot.

We are leaving around noon today to go out for a long weekend. I'll let you know tonight how long it took and I'll post pics.

GOTTOYS

I've been using mine for the last 2 months. Bought the Tailgater and 211K receiver as a package. Added the receiver in as a second receiver on our home system for $7.00 a month. I love this thing! It's a little sensitive as to where it's placed if you around trees and as little as 5 feet can make a difference. If it's in the right place it loads fast and works great. Not affected by light rain as much as a regular dish was. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I built a small wood platform to set mine on and keep it out of the wet grass...Don

Rodbuster

We bought ours at the Tampa RV show 3 months ago. Have not had the chance to use it yet for a few different reasons. I still have to figure out how to remove the television in our Key Largo so I can get to the connections on the back of the tv.

I've heard nothing but great comments on the Dish Tailgater.

Dick

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We've had ours since last fall.....LOVE it. It did add $7 to our monthly bill for the extra receiver fee.

Several times we had to call the 800# to "refresh" the subscription.....I asked the, very helpful, English speaking, support person why that happened and he said it will occasionally happen with the RV systems due to changing locations. It only took a few minutes of getting through the 800# menus to fix issue.

Sure beats the manual setups!!!

Gizzy

Love it! We subscribed to the Pay As You Go last summer to use during our 4 1/2 mo/8,000 mi trip. Got extremely frustrated TRYING to lock in a signal with the regular dish set up. When the tailgater came out we called around and ordered one from a Dish dealer in Boise, ID and picked it up when we passed through. I can not express how it took soooo much stress away from attempting/failing to get a signal the old way. Just set out the Tailgater and in just a few minutes we had a signal. We only had to purchase the tailgater since we already had the correct receiver when we purchased the Pay As You Go package. Highly recommend it, especially as a stress reducer!!! When we got back home in Oct we had the service put on "pause". Just had it taken off "pause" 2 days ago as we are about to start hitting the road again.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
7 minutes! We pulled in, I leveled the trailer put out the slides and started hooking up. 7 Minutes from the time I hooked up the dish to the time we had pic on the tv.

pegmikef

What everyone else said. We've had ours since last August and it works great. Just reactivated for the season so I had no charges for the last three or four months. I just bought the receiver outright so no pesky rental fees.

GETnBYE

Hey Jerry, Wondering if you can get the pay as you go plan without buying the tailgater and use a regular dish.
Wayne

Love it! We subscribed to the Pay As You Go last summer to use during our 4 1/2 mo/8,000 mi trip. Got extremely frustrated TRYING to lock in a signal with the regular dish set up. When the tailgater came out we called around and ordered one from a Dish dealer in Boise, ID and picked it up when we passed through. I can not express how it took soooo much stress away from attempting/failing to get a signal the old way. Just set out the Tailgater and in just a few minutes we had a signal. We only had to purchase the tailgater since we already had the correct receiver when we purchased the Pay As You Go package. Highly recommend it, especially as a stress reducer!!! When we got back home in Oct we had the service put on "pause". Just had it taken off "pause" 2 days ago as we are about to start hitting the road again.

Gizzy

I'm sure you could, they are two different things, the Pay as you go is just a Dish program, we used the regular dish (with lots of frustration) during most of our trip. We didn't get the Tailgater until the end of our trip.