ATF: Landmark - Hydraulic oil

dave10a

What kind of oil should I use for my 6 point automatic leveling system. Lippert tells me that the manufacturer should supply this kind of info.
Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Landmark - Hydrolic oil

Any automatic transmission fluid will work. I use the Ford brand.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Any automatic transmission fluid will work. I use the Ford brand.

Peace
Dave

Dave is correct! But wait, didn't Lippert "install" these systems? You would think they should be able to tell you what type of oil to use. :confused:

K

karykatz

Here is what Lippert recommends.

Dextron III ATF or equivalent.

I hope this helps.

dave10a

Here is what Lippert recommends.

Dextron III ATF or equivalent.

I hope this helps.

That does it. My Lippert documentation says that it is up to the trailer manufacturer to make the recommendation. Evidently I don't have all the documentation available. Anyway thanks for the info and I will fill it up to the full mark the next time I have all the slides and landing gear retracted.

dave10a

;-
You should have received a manual for the system in your folder of trailer information. Here's a link to one in the Heartland Owners Tools section of the forum,

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ling_5th_Wheel_Operation_&_Service_Manual.pdf

The only information I have is a label next to the control panel that briefly describes how to connect and disconnect, My document folder does not contain any Lippert stuff. The only thing I have is stove and TV installation manual that does not tell me much. Why do I have this feeling my manuals are sitting in someones desk somewhere :) or possibly is a trash can????
Thanks for the link and I will search the Hearland web site for more info. When I bought my Motor Home it had manuals and documentation that would fill file cabinet. This is my first 5th wheel experience and I thought lack of manuals was normal--- but evidently not ......

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

FLUID RECOMMENDATION​
The​
Lippert Hydra-Electric 5th Wheel Leveling System is pre-filled, primed and ready to operatedirect from the manufacturer. Type “A” Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) may utilized and will work.
ATF with Dexron III or Mercon 5 or a blend of both is recommended by Lippert Components, Inc.

Per my manuals info........Kenny

lwmcguir

My manual recommends Mercon 5. This fluid is synthetic and we use in all the 12v Hydraulic systems at the Farm and Ranch. Never an issue an any of the systems since this fluid has been on the market.

Willym

You should have been provided with a stack of manuals, information sheets etc for the trailer and the equipment/appliances that came with it. Your dealer should have given this to you if you bought the unit new. I'd ask your dealer to provide you with it.

;-

The only information I have is a label next to the control panel that briefly describes how to connect and disconnect, My document folder does not contain any Lippert stuff. The only thing I have is stove and TV installation manual that does not tell me much. Why do I have this feeling my manuals are sitting in someones desk somewhere :) or possibly is a trash can????
Thanks for the link and I will search the Hearland web site for more info. When I bought my Motor Home it had manuals and documentation that would fill file cabinet. This is my first 5th wheel experience and I thought lack of manuals was normal--- but evidently not ......

dave10a

You should have been provided with a stack of manuals, information sheets etc for the trailer and the equipment/appliances that came with it. Your dealer should have given this to you if you bought the unit new. I'd ask your dealer to provide you with it.

As it turns out there are a lot of things my dealer should have done, but didn't. I don't think my dealer knows what service really is.....