ATF: Landmark - Ice maker line leak

We had water coming from under the refrigerator and I've finally found the source. The water is coming from the ice maker fill hose on the outside. When the ice maker calls for water. the solenoid opens and lets the water in. The leak only occurs at this point. The water comes out between the hose and the wire, from underneath the black tubing that encases the two.

I was wondering what the cause may be since there is no obvious pinch in the line.

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    834.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 71

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wes, yours is the first I've seen with a brass line coming from the upper fill port. Ours had a clear poly type tube that became brittle because of that heat wire. I eventually replaced the fill line but did not connect the heat system. That solved the problem. If your fridge is in a slide, try looking in the upper vent to see if you can find the fill port. The poly line in ours was hose clamped to an off white rubber elbow that is pressed into the back of the freezer. It may have come out of that elbow a bit and is making it's way down the inside of that black sleeve.

Attachments

• 100_0655.JPG
    100_0655.JPG
    509.1 KB · Views: 44
Wes, yours is the first I've seen with a brass line coming from the upper fill port. Ours had a clear poly type tube that became brittle because of that heat wire. I eventually replaced the fill line but did not connect the heat system. That solved the problem. If your fridge is in a slide, try looking in the upper vent to see if you can find the fill port. The poly line in ours was hose clamped to an off white rubber elbow that is pressed into the back of the freezer. It may have come out of that elbow a bit and is making it's way down the inside of that black sleeve.

Thanks for the info Ray. I suspect they added the copper tubing to make the sharp bend as it is only about 6" long inserted inside the clear poly tube you mentioned. Will definitely check the top of the fridge Sunday. Tomorrow is our pig roast here at the park. yummy.

Ray LeTourneau

Thanks for the info Ray. I suspect they added the copper tubing to make the sharp bend as it is only about 6" long inserted inside the clear poly tube you mentioned. Will definitely check the top of the fridge Sunday. Tomorrow is our pig roast here at the park. yummy.
If it's a short section of copper, I would peel back the black sleeve and check the connection from poly to brass. Where are you? Hudson? We're in Port Richey at Suncoast just south of the big mall.

Bobby A

If it's a short section of copper, I would peel back the black sleeve and check the connection from poly to brass. Where are you? Hudson? We're in Port Richey at Suncoast just south of the big mall.

Hi Ray,

Wes is only about 10 minutes from the both of us, I hope to see you soon, how's your stay so far in Suncoast ??

Bobby

Ray LeTourneau

Hi Ray,

Wes is only about 10 minutes from the both of us, I hope to see you soon, how's your stay so far in Suncoast ??

Bobby
Very pleased with Suncoast. In fact, we've decided to leave the rig here for the summer and go with their 6+6 plan. $300 total for summer on site and $2100 for 6 months next winter. We'll have a bigger site with lots of room. Site #38. We'll have to touch base before we leave next week.

K

karykatz

After discusing with engineer, we recommend checking the refrigerator's internal icemaker line. I would have service check into this.

I hope this helps

We had health issues with MIL this past week. All is ok right now.

I peeled back the black sleeve to reveal the copper piece and poly. DSC00201.jpg
The water is leaking from up above so I climbed up to look at the top. The baffle that was installed for the refer problem has now caused a problem too. Can't see a thing so the refer will have to come out. Ugh.

I know where Suncoast is. Bobby is correct, we aren't very far from each other, we are at Three Lakes which is now owned by Sun Communities (thank goodness). When are you heading back north?

A mobile rv repairman came out today and replaced the line. The baffle really wasn't in the way after all. The water line runs from the back in to the side of the refer making it impossible to fix without pulling the refer most of the way out. The water line got dry and brittle from the heat wire that runs inside the black sleeve.

DSC00207.jpg

lwmcguir

If your line was like ours it was a cheap poly line from the hardware store instead of a NSF tube. Ours was the same for the supply line as well. Changing it out helped the taste of the ice as well.

If your line was like ours it was a cheap poly line from the hardware store instead of a NSF tube. Ours was the same for the supply line as well. Changing it out helped the taste of the ice as well.

You are correct, it was the poly line. Our supply line was NSF but it formed pin holes after about 2 months. Pulled another NSF line through and no more problems.