ATF: Edge - Range Hood vent

cgsnipe

We have a 2011 Edge M21. I forgot to secure the flapper in the Range hood vent and lost it on the road. Can I purchase a flapper from a dealer or the factory direct? Will I have to replace the whole vent? If so, please provide a manufacturers model number. Our camper is grey in color as well as the vent.
Thank you.

RonBB

I ended up buying the whole vent from Heartland & then spray painting the flap on the new one & only installed the new flap in the old unit. I felt that was the easiest way to replace it. I had full body paint so that was the simplest. I would do that repair the same way again, I think that was a couple of seasons ago. Be careful with the 2 small plastic pins that goes in the housing that the flap hinges on. They are easily broken, in fact that was why I had to replace my flap-one of the pins had broken off. You shouldn't have any problems with the repair done in this manner. Just take your time. The flap flexes enough to allow the pins to be inserted in the old housing, or at least mine did. Good luck. Mine was on an M-18.

I also have a 2011 Edge M21. This past summer I lost the upper refrigerator vent grill. Ordered a replacement from Heartland but the one they sent was different from the original so did not match the lower. They were very very cooperative but I needed to send pictures of the original (same as the lower). From the pictures they replaced the vent which then needed to be painted (white to black). Since then I have secured both vent grills with stainless steel sheet metal screws in each corner.

cgsnipe

Thanx for the feedback. I was able to find a replacement vent, yes the whole unit. I was able to install the flap as mentioned by RonBB. timing is everything though, as soon as I got home with the new vent, I saw a reply in my email from the factory about a replacement vent. reply below.
Thanx again.

Thank you for your inquiry. The range vent will have to be replaced as a complete, we do not sell just the flapper only. Below I have listed the range vents we have. They are both the same, with the difference of the color. If you would like to place an order, simply let me know.

55150 - Cover Range Vent (white) - $8.65
42984 - Cover Range Vent w/Damper (Grey) - $9.00

Thank you,

Becky Yeater
Heartland RV
www.heartlandrvs.com
Phone: 877-262-8032
Fax: 574-262-8340

**PLEASE NOTE: IN ORDER TO BETTER SERVE YOU WE HAVE SET UP A GENERAL EMAIL ACCOUNT. PLEASE DIRECT ALL FUTURE CONTACT TO EASTCOASTPARTS@HEARTLANDRVS.COM***