Storage Questions for Big Country

Pappy

We have a BC 3250 on order and will have to store it in a storage location. It will be covered but not indoors. Has anyone had any experience with storing your 5er and have any advise. I have read some posts that some have not problems with vandalism and some have had problems. I have seen some suggestions that you should remove all electronics and post signs etc...just wanting to get some input for owners that have to use storage. Thank you in advance....

GOTTOYS

I have 2 different places we store ours at. One is close to home. It has 24 hr security, managers live on property, Security lights motion detectors and coded entry, not one with keys. If they hand out keys, everybody and his brother could have access even long after they don't use the place. This place is in the country and very well managed. They still have an occasional break-in in spite of having the best security available. The other place is in a small town 600 miles from home. I use this in the Fall to keep from having to tow our rig through a blizzard when heading South for the Winter. Again security fence, owner lives on property. Never had a problem there..yet. I do not use a cover nor to most of the people in either location. They can come loose, flap around and do some dameage. They also don't last more than a couple years from what I've seen. I do not remove anything that is attached, including 2 televisions. Too much of a hassle as we're in and out of storage a lot. Try to find a place that is neat and clean without ANY junk trailers, boats, cars etc. laying around. Look at the condition of the fence and buildings. it will be obvious if the management cares about the place. It's a lot of work to empty your rig out everytime you park. I remove a few of the more expensive, loose items from my storage compartments as they are the easiest to break into. I don't think anybody would really believe what might be written on a sign, don't waste your time. Close the curtains, lock it up and leave. Keep it insured, it will probably get broken into sometime. There will be more expense repairing the damage from breaking in than from the loss of items. That's the World we live in...Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine sits outside, uncovered, over the winter. Security fence, security gate, cameras, BFD. Having been broken into and replacing both TV's and getting the damaged door repaired last year, I now remove the TV's and other valuables (tool boxes) and stick a sign on the door and window. Short of hiding inside with weapons of mass destruction, it's about as pro-active as one can be.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I also would voice a vote for no cover. I am one of the fortunate ones, I store my rig in my back yard on the 30x15 gravel pad when it is not attached to my truck. I have motion sensors on both the house and the RIG so lights will come. In the winter I also store my Bike in the Garage of the RIG to free up space in the (house) Garage for the Snow Blower.