2013 Keyless Entry

FordMan1966

Keyless Entry is no longer available on Landmark. The dealer said that they had so many problems it is not even available for 2013. I noticed it was not on my 2013 Grand Canyon when I got it home.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm not surprised they would do away with it. Although Lippert has been really good about replacing defective keypads, the problem still ends up being an aggravation. Ken

MTPockets

Had I known, I would've traded my keyless entry in for finger slotted finger rails in my day/night shades.... Constant aggravation that won't go away...

donr827

It is not on my 2013 Bighorn either. I really do not mine having it eliminated. I was suppose to pick up my trailer on Monday but the air conditioning compressor was DOA. The dealer had to get one from Dometic's Atlanta warehouse. Maybe next week.
Don

wildwolfproducts

Not going to say, Its something I would cry about. Just something else to mess up for me LOL, Funny thing is they talk about it being the same as on Ford cars. My father in law has it on there Town Car, never has any issues on it. Plus know of about 200 people that have it on there fords. Never any issues.
Sounds like to me, That Lippert may have well cut cost on these and not used the best they could.
Pete

FordMan1966

I have had these keyless entries on Ford cars or trucks since 1985 and have never had one mess up. I am not going to miss this item on the Landmark.

brianharrison

Ford keyless pads from factory are direct wired, and pre-programmed in the ECU. Ford also provides a battery powered, stick on pad for dealer installation for cars that did not come from factory with keyless entry. The pads look different. Supposedly the battery powered stick on pads do not have the ability to replace the battery and should last for 10 years. All of my Fords came keyless entry from factory so I cannot comment on the battery replacement.

Certainly they appear to be better quality than the ones on the HL trailers, even the stick on ones.

This is what I know.

Brian