Need 10 iPhone App Beta Testers for Fifth Wheel St.

DW_Gray

Hello my fellow Heartland owners,

This is an exclusive offer to you only. I'm looking for 10 iPhone owners who are willing to beta test my new app called "Fifth Wheel St." The app is for those who tow fifth wheel and gooseneck trailers. It's a towing weight calculator that shows you a safety report after you enter the vehicles' certification information and the scale weights. Preferably, I'd like those who already have that information at hand for the beta test. But I'll accept any novice who is ready to weigh their rig within a week of receiving the app too. The scale weights required is the truck with the trailer attached and the weights without the trailer attached. You will need the iTunes software on your computer to install the app on your iPhone.

Please request the beta test by sending me a private message with the following information:

TEST IS OVER

THE APP IS AVAILABLE AT iTUNES

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Dave, many of us have iPhones, iPads, iPods (I have all three) but many do not have Macs (me).

Are you restricting this also to only Mac users?

DW_Gray

Dave, many of us have iPhones, iPads, iPods (I have all three) but many do not have Macs (me).

Are you restricting this also to only Mac users?

Good question. Honestly I'm not sure how to answer that. I'm a heavy PC user but Amy has a Mac and connects her iPhone to it. I suppose if iPhone users are able to connect their phone to a PC and use iTunes software to upload music or programs, that should work fine. I have questioned my developer to verify.

I just made the assumption that the iPhone had to be connected to a Mac. I'm still learning all this on the fly.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I'm in, I'll send you my info shortly.

I pull with my 2500HD not only the 5er but I pull my backhoe, tractor and other farm equip 4 trailers total all gooseneck.

Sounds cool.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
You can connect an iPhone to a PC via iTunes. That's how we update our iPhone operating system and back up files. Same as a Mac.

porthole

Retired
Good question. Honestly I'm not sure how to answer that. I'm a heavy PC user but Amy has a Mac and connects her iPhone to it. I suppose if iPhone users are able to connect their phone to a PC and use iTunes software to upload music or programs, that should work fine. I have questioned my developer to verify.

I just made the assumption that the iPhone had to be connected to a Mac. I'm still learning all this on the fly.

Hey Dave, Apple is much smarter then that. Just about anyone can use the iphone-pod-pad to do what you are looking for.

If there is still room - count me in.

You don't even have to use iTunes. I had my iPhone for 5 months before I plugged it into the PC.

DW_Gray

Why do you need the UDID?

To insure that my proprietary app is installed only for that device. Otherwise know as CONTROL.

And of course to you and the other beta testers, once the beta test is completed and the app is ready, you get to keep the first release version as a complimentary gift.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Just an FYI Dave, most Apps that are purchased can be installed on multiple devices owned by an individual, e.g. my iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad just about mirror each other with apps.

If you can also port it out to the iPad you may find a larger user base.

DW_Gray

Well this is surprising. I guess I'll have to go over to one of Heartland's competitor's forum.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have an Iphone however the one time I got involved in beta testing it created all kinds of havoc so I just don't do that anymore. Good luck and I am sure yours is okay but just don't chance it anymore.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Pm sent
I can test on iPhone 4S + the new iPad. I sent the UDID for my phone.
i can also test on every iPhone and iPad with exception to the first iPhone, sold it some time ago.

Developers have to add the UDID in order for that device to be able to use per-release software.
Apple started frowning opon this lately more so because beta developers get early access to the newest iOS software and they could allow 50 or so devices on their account. They were selling access to the beta basically. "send me $10 and your UDID and I'll add your phone to my account so you can download the latest iPhone software" and people were paying.