Hitch for towing doubles

DirtyDodge

I am a proud new owner of an 08' 3300RL that i took delivery on 6/25. i havent checked total length yet, but was wondering if my warranty would void if i was to install a hitch on the rear of my trailer to tow a 5x10 trailer with a yamaha rhino in it. i would think it would way no more than 2000lbs. and a hitch weight of 400lbs. thanks in advance!

C

Chulinw

Do a search on the form. Scott answered that question real good. I think Lippet states that it will void the warranty on the frame. I think Jim might tune in and give you the right post that scott made on this subject. Good luck.

jbeletti

DirtyDodge,

The factory does not endorse the addition of a hitch on their products. Lippert may void your frame warranty. Not sure that Heartland would void your trailer warranty. Doubt it.

Many people have added hitches. If engineered, designed and fabricated correctly, it seems they can be safely added.

I spoke to Dan at Dan's Service/Hitches in Elkhart one day as i was looking at a Bighorn they had just added a hitch to. He said he can engineer, design and fabricate a hitch for most applications.

If you decide to do it, go with a firm that take the time to look at all the loading variables and really designs a hitch for you.

Here's one quick link for you to see a factory response. Look at post 12 at that thread link.

Jim