Landmark surge suppression

justme

does the Landmark have surge suppression as an option and does it offer neutral/ground bonding failure detection? If so what kind is it. Also are autoformers available as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi justme,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't think any of the Heartland units are equipped with surge suppression, but your dealer should call and check for sure for you. There are some things that the factory will add that are not on the published option list.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

DougAndJudy

does the Landmark have surge suppression as an option and does it offer neutral/ground bonding failure detection? If so what kind is it. Also are autoformers available as well.

The 2013 Landmarks have surge protection as part of the Full-Timers option package. The package also includes tire pressure monitors and a bike rack hitch. I believe Jim B has the option package on his new rig and can probably tell us more about the surge protection manufacturer and its features.

jbeletti

The 2013 Landmarks have surge protection as part of the Full-Timers option package. The package also includes tire pressure monitors and a bike rack hitch. I believe Jim B has the option package on his new rig and can probably tell us more about the surge protection manufacturer and its features.

Doug and Judy are correct. With the Landmark, within the Full-timers package, what is presently being used is the TRC 41260 Surge Guard Transfer Switch. I've attached the spec sheet for it.

Jim

Attachments

• TRC_41260_Surge_Guard_Transfer_Switch_spec_sheet.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 78

jbeletti

Unknown on the neutral/ground bonding failure detection feature. Consider contacting TRC direct with that question at 800-780-4324.

We do not offer autoformers.

Jim

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim in your opinion is this better than the one offered by camping world or other places? I would think so but just wanted some other opinions.

Thanks

jbeletti

Jim in your opinion is this better than the one offered by camping world or other places? I would think so but just wanted some other opinions.

Thanks

Sorry but I have not compared the surge protection specs of the TRC auto-transfer switch to anything else. Do your homework on this by comparing specs before you make your decision.

If you're talking about comparing to the Progressive Industries EMS, the EMS does more than just surge protection. And that's a plus. But still, compare the specs of the surge protection to know which is best in that area.

Jim