Is it possible to install a larger rear window in the MPG 180?

tmlechner

Would like to have more light and viewing while sitting at dinette. Seems like you might be able to enlarge window opening at bottom maybe 4 to 6 inches and still have a flat piece of glass in a frame similar to the existing one. Window width would stay the same.
Possibility of it being operable would add more ventilation but leaking could be 'show-stopper' issue.

jimtoo

Hi tmlechner,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Size of the window is most likely determined by engineering and availability of windows. Maybe someone else will jump in with more information.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Flapwing

I asked the same question of Heartland engineering last year for my 181.... they said no due to fact the rear was not designed to accommodate a retrofitted window. The newer models come with a rear window. I would love to see the drawings of the unit to see where the stringers? and other framework, is under the skin.... I think that would take a visit to the plant though. Anyone else?

tmlechner

Hey - thanks for responding to my question.
I took my 180 to our local RV dealer (Almaden RV Service and Repairs - nice people) who does warranty repair/maintenance for Heartland and asked them. They are researching but no word back yet. Will provide update if/when I learn something useful - or not as the case may be.