Factory Modifications for those with "Special needs"

justme

Does Heartland do modifications like solid one color or widen entry doors and install lift ramps to the door?

wdk450

Re: Special needs

I would call/e-mail Heartland Customer Service at the contact info on the top left of the "Portal" page for this information.

ILH

I understand why manufacturers don't want to introduce too many modifications to their assembly lines - however, my understanding is that a growing percentage of RV users are getting older and requiring assistance with stairs and other mobility issues (ie entryways, bathrooms, etc.).

My wife and I elected to purchase a toyhauler specifically because it had the ramp at the back to handle a wheelchair. It seems to least expensive way to manage the accessibility requirements for the time being.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

We have a friend of ours that is also one of our chapter members that extensively modified his Big Country for his disabled father. He added a chair lift to the front door and grab bars at the stairs and in the bathroom. He had it done aftermarket at an RV repair shop so it can be done. Don't know if its available from the factory or not.

I have heard of people that want a trailer without decals, so if you want a solid white trailer that can be done. I don't know about custom colors.