Microwave steaming

Scott, Would it be possible to ship a replacement for my Sylvania microwave in my '08 2900MK? The micro steams up badly and there is no venting. I see steam between the door glasses that can not be wiped away. That would indicate to me a leak in the door seals. That might be a potential danger I think. I took a photo of the steam with my camer phone and will send it to you if you require proof of the steam between the glass.
I see that you are now using the Dometic microwaves in the Sundances because of the steam problems. I would install the Dometic myself or take it to my dealer if I could get a replacement for the defective Sylvania.
Please respond ASAP.
Wayne

Scott

Wayne,
This is a job that I have 24 people lined up willing and able to do - yet I cannot do it on the owner's forum web site.
You need to get with our Customer Service Dept. at 574.262.8030 and/or work through your dealer who will install it for you.
ST

roazo

Sundance Owner
Wayne

Have you talked to factory yet. Ours also shut down this last weekend. I have added the duct to the top and now does not shut down, but still gets steam on inside of door.The heat and steam does exit through the top grill at top of unit now. Let us know what the factory says. I would also like mime replaced with the Dometic unit if they will send it to me.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
We are have the same problem as both of you. The wife does not want to use it till it fix . Please keep us update if Heartland will ship you a replacement.

Wayne

fishn2dmax

We just took delivery of a new Sundance 2900 MK on the weekend. Given my unit came off the line a week ago, I was really surprised and dissappointed to see the sylvania microwave installed. :mad: We decided to give it the benefit of doubt and not demand the dealer ( 300 miles away from home) to swap it out for a dometic; I now wish we had. Today on the first use of the microwave, it steamed up the window and it remained fogged. There is definetely something wrong with the door glass seals on the sylvania microwaves. I can add the microwave to a list of other minor issues that have revealed during our trip home. In spite of a few issues ( most found on PDI), so far we're happy with our new Sundance.:)

Paul & Nan

We have an early BH, but after two micrwaves of the off brand orignal to the unit we bought one at Lowes, it still gets some steam, but it at least works, we replaced the original twice in one year. Nan