ATF: Landmark - How do I keep my ice maker line from freezing

I recently traded in my 2005 Landmark Mt. Rushmore for a 2012 Landmark San Antinio. My new unit has a double refrigator with an icemaker. I am courious as to how do I keep the icemakemer line from freezing both while I'm on the road in cold weather and also how to properly winterize it for storage in the winter. The line seems to be pretty much exposed to the elements when the kitchen slide is out and I would not want it to freeze and crack the line during cold weather. Any suggestions for both storage and while on the road wilol be greatly appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: MPG - How do I keep my ice maker line from freezing

You should find winterizng insruction in the refers owners manual.
There should be a shutoff valve somewhere for the ice maker.
I winterize mine and leave the valve off till I get to a warmer climate. Once it is in service, I have had no issues on frosty mornings.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Re: ATF: MPG - How do I keep my ice maker line from freezing

I've attached the 2 pages from the Dometic 1350 manual that cover winterizing.

Attachments

• Dometic RM1350 winterizing.pdf
    881.9 KB · Views: 65

robertsfd

gjsant2000, I can't attest on how to winterize the ice maker for storage but would refer to the owner's manual as stated by danemayer. We live in our Landmark Grand Canyon full-time in KY and are hopefully about done with winter. What we do to keep the ice maker line/equipment from freezing is to block the two lower sections of the three vents in the lower cover. I used some left over styrofoam pipe insulation, cut to length. I also placed a trouble light with a 75 watt bulb close to the pvc line. It has gotten down to around 15 degrees F several nights and we haven't had any problems so far. Hope this helps. :cool: