Second owner question

If things go as planned I'll be the 2nd owner of a MPG 185 this coming Friday. My question to those who had the good fortune to buy new is what accessories/items came with the MPG that I should be looking to accompany the sale? Thanks to those that respond.

jimtoo

Hi montanamark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people hee with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure some of our other MPG owners will jump in soon and help out here.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

teragram

If I recall correctly, we got an information packet that covered the fridge, stove, hot water heater, etc..., a remote for the entertainment system, a remote for the tv, a wrench for the stabilizer's, and not too much else "loose". Of course what you get will depend on which of those items your trailer has (ie you may not have a factory tv). Also the dealer gave us a starter kit separately that included a pressure regulator for the water, a hose, a dump hose, a pack of toilet paper, and tabs for dropping into the tank. You're probably not going to get all that, but I mention it because they're all things you should have before going out on your first trip (you didn't mention if this is your first trailer or not, so better to mention it now).

Good luck

MPG185-GA

As Teragram stated, other than the folding table (for the bed) that is the same list of "loose" items that we received from the dealer for our 185.

Thanks to all for the responses. This will be our first trailer. We were tent and back of truck campers before this but as we've "matured", having some comforts seemed the way to go. I had noticed a wrench in a model at a dealer along with manuals for the appliances, along with what looked like a power cord (30 amp?).
Thanks Teragram for a initial list of items for the trailer and to DZR I'm temporarily prohibited by my insurance carrier from using power tools till the latest set of claims are processed from my last power tool experience.

teragram

LOL, yes I understand as my husband put me in "tool jail" after he saw me using the skill saw. Lucky for me I get to use tools at work.

kb0zke

Yes, a 30A electric cord should be there. Otherwise, everything else has already been mentioned. There aren't many options on the mpg line, and not many more loose parts.

One thing that you will need is a thinwall socket for the lug nuts. You may already have the proper one in your tool box, so don't run out and buy one right away. There was a thread on this subject, so you should be able to find the size there. If not, ask again. I don't remember the size, but I keep it in the trailer since I have another socket of the proper size at home. I think the one I have in the mpg is actually a spark plug socket.

Thanks Dave. We ended up getting the 185 and found the power cord in a stowage compartment. I do have the socket and a breaker bar in 1/2". Just building the list of other repair related items and tools before it makes its first trip. Sounds like a note pad and pen to further build the list during the first trip out is in order too.