New Design Question

TeJay

We currently have a 2011, NT-24-RBS. We Have done two extended stays and the Wife is feeling a little cramped for space. I am not unsatisfied with the unit but we have a friend that just purchased a Forest River Vibe with the front kitchen over the hitch area. We looked at several design like these before we purchased the NT. I wanted to keep the tow weight in the 5500-6500 lbs range. Now that I have some experience towing a TT I would feel comfortable towing a little longer and heavier unit but would not want to get over 29-30' and around 7K lbs. The front pointed design like the Vibe does utilize space that is already somewhat there and should make a smaller unit a little more liveable.

Does HL have any future ideas of leaning towards a design like this?

I really hate to leave the HL family and will research to see if there is another unit in the HL line that would work. One issue that I do have with the unit we have is the fact that the slide does not extend out very much. While it does add space a lot of units extend their slides out a lot further.

Thanks,
TeJay

Last edited by a moderator:

PeternLiane

Hi TeJay,
I do have to agree somewhat. I really did like the Vibe and the Windjammer with the front kitchen. Both of those units were really to heavy for us to pull. I kind of wish that Heartland would come out with something like them. However, Heartland does have the the North Trail King Slides. They do have one called the NT KING 30RKDD I really liked that unit. We have to stay little until we get a bigger TV. Maybe when we find an incredibly cheap and good TV or in 5 to 6 years. I have found a lot of SOB used trailers out there but I haven't found many North Trails or other Heartland products. I think that really says a lot.