Landmarks still in our future?

I have been told that the Landmark will not be made anymore in 2008. Is this true, and if so, what will be the replacement?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
At the rally we were all informed of the Landmarks future. A newly updated Landmark was there for us to tour and there are, if I remember correctly, several versions planned. The new unit had more graphics and other changes that I'm not too familiar with because I don't have one. I'm sure other Landmark owners will respond to this thread as well.

jpmorgan37

The new Landmark that we saw at the Rally was only one of five planned floorplans. The one we toured had a side aisle into the sleeping area, a large center kitchen, wood trimmed windows that had a bronze exterior coating on the glass for better refraction of suns rays. The standard refrigerator was a nine cubic foot and it also had a four step entry. Since it is still in the prototype stage and the factory took a lot of comments from us, it will probably see other changes. In my opinion, they have a winner.

John

Cooper

I have a LandMark Golden Gate 2006. I love it and would not even consider trading it.

Blessed

One of the neatest features was the power retractable power cord. The 4 step entry was also a neat feature. However, the did away with the hot and cold water connections in the UDC. They heard a lot of negative comments about it and may change. Landmark appeared to be here to stay.

ChopperBill

Rumor I heard was they cant afford to discontinue them because some states have a buy back clause on discontinued products and there were too many unsold units. So much for that rumor!

slaytop

My impression was Landmark was to continue as a premier luxury unit but with some design changes to make it more compatible with the assembly techniques used to make the BigHorn.

Since the BigHorn and the Landmark are assembled on the same line and one in twelve units is a Landmark, similar construction techniques and placement of components will help the workers be more fluent in both brands. If the Landmark is too different, it will cost considerably more to manufacture due to the amount of custom work required.

The principal difference will be in the upgraded materials and components that make it more attractive than a BigHorn but at a reasonably higher price that is very competitive with other luxury units.