ATF: Landmark - Additional Front Cap Protection

I recently took delivery of my 2012 Landmark San Antonio. It has full body paint but I would like to get additional protection for my front cap. Some of my friends with motor coaches have purchased a clear film kit for their rigs. Is there such an option for the landmarks, if so where do I get it and what aprox. does it cost. Any other suggestions to protect the front cap from the weather, sun and road debris?

K

karykatz

We dont offer anything form the factory. I do know there are retail customers that have put protective covering on their caps. You might want to put the question out to other owners for some help.

Enjoy your new Landmark, I know you will love it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had Coach Guard put on our front cap when the unit was just a couple of weeks old. It has a 5 year warranty on it and cost around $1600 to get. I would not do it again as it is now (4 years down the road) peeling around the edges, it looks like there is mildew under it in several spots. I know we could take it back to Elkhart to Coach Guard to get it fixed under the warranty but the cost of diesel from Houston is prohibitive to do that. So just take my advise and spend your money on a case of ReJex. BTW there are several spot where bugs have penetrated the Coach Guard and now there is minute bug particles in several places.

dave10a

I recently took delivery of my 2012 Landmark San Antonio. It has full body paint but I would like to get additional protection for my front cap. Some of my friends with motor coaches have purchased a clear film kit for their rigs. Is there such an option for the landmarks, if so where do I get it and what aprox. does it cost. Any other suggestions to protect the front cap from the weather, sun and road debris?
Why do you think it needs more protection. I used that film stuff on my motor home and felt it waste of money. I discoverd if I washed it imediatly after a road trip the bugs would not be a problem, Also I used the 303 protectant and after 10 years the unit still looked good and it was half body paint and decals. Also I never covered the unit in the winter. Frequent washing does wonders. On my new Landmark I am still considering 303 stuff, but Heartland claims to use protecting stuff over the paint for protection.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why do you think it needs more protection. I used that film stuff on my motor home and felt it waste of money. I discoverd if I washed it imediatly after a road trip the bugs would not be a problem, Also I used the 303 protectant and after 10 years the unit still looked good and it was half body paint and decals. Also I never covered the unit in the winter. Frequent washing does wonders. On my new Landmark I am still considering 303 stuff, but Heartland claims to use protecting stuff over the paint for protection.

That film stuff was probably Coach Guard which is used on many motor homes to prevent bug damage, fading etc. See my previous post concerning Coach Guard. I agree it is a waste of money. ReJex is the best I have seen for protection and shining. ReJex bonds with the fiberglass and protects it.

FordMan1966

I bought some film that is sticky on one side that I was planning on using on the new 2013 Landmark Full Body Paint when we travel to the beach this summer. I have already bought it at Camping World.