Interesting tire recall

Forrest Fetherolf

Pulltab,

The tire article you posted sounds pretty scary. I would not be surprised to find Trail America and some other brands coming up on the next list. My TA had a 5' long separation with less than 14k miles of tinder loving care. The cheap tires may pass regulations, but the fact that we pull the heavy RV's everyday loaded to the max tire capacity will stress even the best of tires. I suspect that a cheap tire and a 110 psi will add to tire failure, as does under inflated.

I spoke to a personal injury attorney regarding defective tires, unless serious injury or death occurs, the watch-dog agencies and attorneys turn a blind eye.

Forrest

Uncle Rog

Investigation started Oct 2005, my BH was built inn early '06, and they are still blowing tires!!

Pulltab

Forrest Fetherolf said:
I spoke to a personal injury attorney regarding defective tires, unless serious injury or death occurs, the watch-dog agencies and attorneys turn a blind eye.

Forrest

Boy Thats hard to believe isn't it! Attorneys are usually on any little thing they can sue for! "Did your neighbor step in your yard? We can collect 1 Million dollars to compensate you for your effort in trying to protect your grass, Call 1 800 well sue! Paid for by Duey Screwem and Howell":)

iefpro01

See my post in the tires section. 200 miles on a new loadstar tire, and she blew... Are you kidding me?!?

tdharley

I dont like the chinese tires and have switched them out already.

As for being made in america being better, remember no too long ago the Firestone / Ford problems. If I remember correctly that resulted in some deaths.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
My Trail America tires do not say "made in China", but rather "designed in Japan". The DOT does indicate that they are indeed made in China, however.

I will no doubt change to Goodyear GST 614s when it is time to replace them, but I have had no trouble with the set I have which now have about 7,000 miles on them.

Chuck