• Number of sites held: 15
  • Site fee: $$31.21 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: No
  • Potluck date:
  • Potluck time:
------------------------------
  • Event Leader: NWTFHunter(click to contact)
Additional Info:
------------------------------
The highlight of our visit to Hannibal will be a cruise and dinner on the river that Mark Twain loved so well. On Saturday evening we will enjoy dinner, live music and dancing on the Mark Twain Riverboat. Our group will get a discounted rate depending on group size(about $35/person), reservation and payment to Michael Fiehler(NWTFHunter).
Hannibal has many interesting sights including: the Mark Twain Cave, Mark Twain's boyhood home, museum, a new winery,and the Rockcliffe Mansion. The Hannibal Trolly offers a sightseeing tour with the trolly stopping at the campground.

Rally Agenda: Friday, Sept. 21 – Sunday, Sept. 23

I. Early Arrivals: There are numerous Mark Twain sights to see. The Trolley Tour will show you points of interest and history of Hannibal. Later you can go back to see those of interest to you. The restaurant across the highway from the campground is worth going to. If you get a table on the deck overlooking the river keep an eye out for bald eagles that live in the area.

II. Friday: Sept. 21
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Coffee at the pavilion, bring a cup
9:00 a.m. Free time for touring. Meals on your own
6:30 p.m. Wine tasting at Cave Hollow Winery
You may bring snacks if you wish
7:30 p.m. Campfire

III. Saturday: Sept. 22
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Coffee at the pavilion, bring a cup
9:00 a.m. Show & Tell – bring any craft projects you wish to
show off. Have you made any modifications to your
trailer or do you have any planned?
10:00 Free time for touring. Lunch on your own.
5:00 p.m. Gather at the pavilion. Door prize drawings.
Dinner tickets handed out.
5:30 p.m. Depart for Mark Twain River Boat
6:00 p.m. Board the Mark Twain River Boat
6:30 p.m. Depart for 2 hour dinner cruise
8:30 p.m. Return to camp

IV. Sunday: Sept. 23
8:00 a.m. Coffee at the pavilion
Departures

This year our Heartland Cares Project will be a food drive to support the local Salvation Army. Items they have requested are: peanut butter, jelly, mac & cheese, or canned goods. If you wish to make donations we will have a box available at our trailer.

Attendees
1. Michael & Daphna Fiehler //////NWTFHunter; Cape Girardeau, MO
2. Bill & Barb Yelliott-Liming //////bacaye; Pittsfield, IL
3. Darril & Ethelene Munson //////tumblebut; Bois D Arc, MO
4. Bernie & Judi VerHey ///////happykraut; St. Charles, MO
5. Jeff & Joy Venus ///////JV1&JV2; St. Roberts, MO
6. Larry & Gayle Keykendall/////// Larry and Gayle; Kimberling City, MO
7. Don & Joyce Baker ///////don.joyce59; Blue Springs, MO
8. Steve & Mary Wilson ///////Flapper; Kahoka, MO
9. Ray & Judi Dalton ///////theotherdoughboy; Mexico, MO
10. Paul & Beth Standiford//////// PandBStandiford; St. Peters, MO
11. Jim & Betty Posz ////////Jim Posz; Ft. Madison, IA
12. Gary & Janelle Bucher ////////garyandjenelle; Bellevue, NE
13. Don & Diane Merk//////// Don Merk; Mason, IA
14. Roy & Sally Evans ////////olcoon; Kansas City, MO
15. Hoyt & Mary Maisack ////////Oscar8499; Centerpoint, IN
16. Paul & Elaine Schmidt ////////Lane; Dawson, IL

Last edited:

olcoon

Hopefully we'll be able to make it this year! Going to try to get another work camping job after the Gillette rally.

Tumblebug

We put us on the list and blocked out the dates.
Derril & Ethelene Munson

Last edited:

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
More information on the dinner cruise cost. The usual cost for the 2 hour dinner cruise is $39.95 for adults and $21.95 for children 7-13 years. I have been quoted a group price that is discounted $3.00 per person so I asume that applies to children also if part of our group. Groups need to be paid by one person so I'll do that and each family can reimburse me.

happykraut

Just made reservations. We are in site F4 and will be arriving on sun. Now on to the Wisconsin and Michigan rallies.

Last edited:

Tumblebug

Made our reservations today. When do you want to be paid for the Riverboat, dinner for two please.

Happy fence painting and tall tales!
JD

NWTFHunter

Great Jim,
I'll add your names to the list. As far as payment for the dinner cruse you can do that when you are at the Rally. The cost will be about $35 per person and will depend on our final number. There will be more information as we get closer to the date.

Jim Posz

We are going to be able to make it! I called the campground this morning, made a reservation and was assigned site F-2. We hope to arrive around lunchtime on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We defiinitely want to be in on the dinner cruise; please let me know if there is anything else we need to do ahead of this.
Jim and Betty Posz
Fort Madison Iowa
2007 Sundance 3300 SK
2009 Silverado Duramax

donmerk

We made our reservations and will be there.
Hope we can still get on the cruise.
Will need tickets for two.
Don & Diane Merk

olcoon

Hey Michael,
Well we've decided to leave our "summer home" here in the Medicine Bow National Forest in Wyoming and go to the MO rally! Hope everyone will accept our dirty 5er & truck. The 5er hasn't been washed since we left MO to go to the Gillette Rally, and it's so dusty where we are volunteering, I'll wash the truck and 1/2 hr later you can't really tell it was washed! Also like Don & Diane said, if it isn't too late sign us up for the cruise also. We'll be taking our time driving cross country, and may arrive early, just have to take it as it comes. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

happykraut

Sally & Roy, glad to see that you're coming. Looking forward to seeing you. Sally, I should have some Munzees waiting for you to capture. I noticed you're still sitting at 565 points. Bernie

NWTFHunter

Rally Agenda has been placed in post # 1 of this rally thread - link

Last edited by a moderator:

olcoon

Bernie,
Sally has been have EXTREME withdrawals from Munzees since Cody. #1 is that I think she only saw 1 in about 40 miles from where we were, #2 is that the app stopped working. She just got it squared away a few minutes ago. We are spending the night in Cabela's campground in Sidney, NE, and from the sounds of things (thanks to you) we won't be making any time tomorrow. She's already telling me she's going to have to stop at almost every rest stop. You are going to pay when we get to Hannibal!!!!!!

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
OK the Maisacks just made reservations. we are in site C23. Last minute. We would like to do the cruise also. We will be there on Thursday. See you all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.