Considering new Cyclone 3010 HD

Stargazer

I am new to this forum and have been trying to post a new thread, to no avail. Thus, I am replying to this thread to see if I can get some answers....here goes....
I have been looking intensely at the 2012 CY 3010 HD edition. My problem is, it seems there are many varieties. An example, and I will post the link at the end, I see a dual power awning version that has flood lights in the rear and the tv cabinet can hold a 40" tv, while other versions of the CY 3010 HD do not have the flood lights, nor the dual awnings and the entertainment cabinet can only hold a 32" tv. I like the first version and am wondering if this is a 2012 upgrade.....
Here is the link... http://www.nelsonsrvs.com/rv/heartland/fifthwheel/2000/Heartland_Cyclone_3010

Thank you in advance....

porthole

Retired
Re: Prospective Heartland owner question. None in nj?

The first version you mentioned is I believe, the latest and greatest version of the 3010.
Heartland recently changed the Cyclone around a bit, raising the roof in the back which gives it a taller ramp door (a plus) the option of a second awning, another plus and the fancy cap in the rear.
A bigger TV is also added.

Send a PM (private message to AJ, he should be able to help.
//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=12058

or to Mike Alpin
//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=5160

jbeletti

Thanks for your interest in Cyclone. You'll get some great "real owner" feedback here. And if you want answers from the factory, I invite you to call the factory and ask for AJ Jones - 574-262-5992. Receptionist can transfer you over to the building AJ is in.

Jim

Lynn1130

I noticed that the web page you have listed shows the length of the 3010 as 30 feet. I believe that is incorrect. It is slightly over 35 feet.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Sorry for the late response, the 2013 3010 got a major face lift. We raised the profile in the front and back of the unit to a full profile (straight roof line). This gives you more head in the bedroom area and now makes the 32" bed room TV option available, and allows us to install the rear cap and 8' ramp door. The 8' ramp door not only decreases your approach angle significantly, it also allows you to install the ramp door patio option as well as the optional 3 season wall that were not available with the 7’ ramp door. It also raises the height of the happy jack bed rails in the garage, to give more clearance for lifted side by sides and golf carts. The 2013 3010 also received the 2nd awning like all of the other larger Cyclone floor plans as well as a 40" TV in the main living room. We also redesigned the kitchen over head cabinet, and added a very nice looking radius light bar to the top of the cabinetry. Now that the 3010 is a straight roof line we also raised the interior slide out height to 7 1/2' and added larger windows with a built in light bar in the slide out roof. These changes were all driven off of retail customers responses. It did slightly increase the price and add around 300-400 lbs of weight to the unit, however make a HUGE difference in the living space. The unit feels much more open than the way it was before. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me any time.

AJJONES

No but the GVWR is 15,500 now the 7k are more than adequate

AJJONES

Awesome!!!! Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland family.

Porkchop

We are also very close to purchasing one.

I downloaded the brochure but I'm not sure if it's been updated to reflect the changes for 2013.

The tv says 40 inches, but then it says dual awnings are na and ramp door is 7ft in the 3010

Is the pull down screen still available with the 3 season wall?

Thank you for everyone's help. The people on this forum are amazing!

Stargazer

Okay, sorry....so excited that I did not post the details. We bought a 2012 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax turbo deisel with Allison transmission, crew cab, regular bed, rated at 10000 lbs GVW. From the online stats, it can tow up to 17,400 fifth wheel. Psyched!! :)

Stargazer

Okay, sorry....so excited that I did not post the details. We bought a 2012 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax turbo deisel with Allison transmission, crew cab, regular bed, rated at 10000 lbs GVW. From the online stats, it can tow up to 17,400 fifth wheel. Psyched!! :)

I will post pics soon!! :)

vgstef

Sorry for the late response, the 2013 3010 got a major face lift. We raised the profile in the front and back of the unit to a full profile (straight roof line). This gives you more head in the bedroom area and now makes the 32" bed room TV option available, and allows us to install the rear cap and 8' ramp door. The 8' ramp door not only decreases your approach angle significantly, it also allows you to install the ramp door patio option as well as the optional 3 season wall that were not available with the 7’ ramp door. It also raises the height of the happy jack bed rails in the garage, to give more clearance for lifted side by sides and golf carts. The 2013 3010 also received the 2nd awning like all of the other larger Cyclone floor plans as well as a 40" TV in the main living room. We also redesigned the kitchen over head cabinet, and added a very nice looking radius light bar to the top of the cabinetry. Now that the 3010 is a straight roof line we also raised the interior slide out height to 7 1/2' and added larger windows with a built in light bar in the slide out roof. These changes were all driven off of retail customers responses. It did slightly increase the price and add around 300-400 lbs of weight to the unit, however make a HUGE difference in the living space. The unit feels much more open than the way it was before. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me any time.

Can you still get the over head cabinet on the slide out as a option ?