Thinking bout a Heartland

dl_camps

Hi all,
New to the forum here:) Anyway, my DH are going to be trading our Pop-up for a TT. We have narrowed it down (I think) to a few different TT's. One we are thinking of is the NT21fbs. We like the floorplan and it seems like a well built trailer, but have been viewing a few problems with them on here with leaking and delamination. I would love to get some more input from owners of the North Trail. The other types we have considered are the Rockwood Mini-Lite or Surveyor Sport. My DH is leaning towards the Heartland, but I like to research before we make such a large purchase. Thank you in advance for any opinions~reviews that you may post.

Linda

jimtoo

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will get lots of opinions here on the forum, both the good and some bad. The Heartland factory and personal involvement of the employees that work to keep all the owners happy is almost beyond belief. Heartland units are not perfect, as none are. But the support from owners, family members and factory is great.

Enjoy the forum and check us out.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Every brand will have issues, and when you have issues, you seek solutions on the internet. No many folks go to the internet to post how issue-free their rig is, LOL! We loved our NorthTrail 21FBS. Only 2 drawbacks after having it a while: 1. not much counter-space to prep food. This may be solved if you use the sink covers. Back in 2008, they didn't have those. 2. No real place to sit and relax in the trailer (say, watching TV). You either sit/lie on the bed, or at the dinette, which isn't that comfortable as a "couch", especially for two. But if you spend most of your time outside, this may be a non-issue.

We bought ours because we fell in love with it at first sight. We spent the next two years going to RV shows looking at alternatives, and really never found anything as nice and well-built as our NT. We again fell in love at first sight with our ER, but researched the heck out of that price-point. We couldn't find anything near as nice for the price.

This forum is also a good reason to buy. HL does read and help folks that post here, and there is a huge network of owners all over that participate regularly with tips and tricks and posts of advice. Not to mention the Rallies and FUN we have!

Erika

hapjack

Helllo All: We bought our BH 3585 in March 2011.Had a few issues,Took it back to La Mesa in Tucson,our Dealer. Joseph in service dept., worked with us and solved all problems. Would recommend them.We really like and enjoy the BH layout.

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello!

Dollar for dollar its hard to beat the value of the Heartland products or the quality of customer service. I have owned other brands but have been very happy with this most recent purchase.

Best Wishes in your Quest!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Do the SOB's your looking at have an owners forum? When we were prospective owners and found this forum I had the same concerns. I thought do I want to open myself up to this? Then it occurred to me it would take a pretty confident and committed company to provide a public forum.

We ended up with our Bighorn and love it. Our dealings with heartland customer service have been nothing short of outstanding.

I would AND do recommend Heartland products to anyone that will listen!

We are so thrilled with our coach we volunteered to head up up the Wyoming Chapter owners club. If you do buy a Heartland consider showing it off at some rallies.

Good luck

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
We bought our 21fbs 2 years ago and have multiple trips and probably 12,000 miles on it and the only issue we encountered were the tires that we got replaced by the tire manufacturer. We looked at quite a few and believe it is a very good value. Never been in the shop for anything! We love ours, it is perfect for us... 2 adults and a small dog!
Good Luck with your decision.

PeternLiane

Hi all,
New to the forum here:) Anyway, my DH are going to be trading our Pop-up for a TT. We have narrowed it down (I think) to a few different TT's. One we are thinking of is the NT21fbs. We like the floorplan and it seems like a well built trailer, but have been viewing a few problems with them on here with leaking and delamination. I would love to get some more input from owners of the North Trail. The other types we have considered are the Rockwood Mini-Lite or Surveyor Sport. My DH is leaning towards the Heartland, but I like to research before we make such a large purchase. Thank you in advance for any opinions~reviews that you may post.

Linda

Hi Linda,

When we got into the market we were looking at the North Trail, Bullet, Passport, Surveyor, Rockwood, WindJammer and Dutchmen Kodiak. We looked at everything. We found all of the different forums to look at. We saw complaints about every single TT. The complaints covered the entire trailer for each. From owning a SOB TT we know that every trailer will leak. Yearly maintenance will keep that from happening. Delamination happens with every brand. We were glad to read that Heartland stood behind their products for each issue. We did a lot more research. We looked at used TT's. There were issues with each one that we looked at, oh boy were there issues. The used trailers that we looked at were the Bullet, Passport, Surveyor and Rockwood. At first I couldn't understand why the one and two year old TT's were traded in. But it didn't take much looking to find out why. I found a couple of the other TT's on the internet but couldn't look at them. I found only a couple of North Trails on the Internet so we couldn't go look at those either. The NT's are a little more established so I expected to find more of them out there. We decided to go new. We would look at each of the trailers and then come back to the NT. We just couldn't find one that matched the NT for value and quality. We then understood that the quality of the NT was appreciated by their owners. That's one of the reasons we didn't find them on the used lot. We wanted someplace to sit. We wanted counter space. We wanted a separated bedroom. We decided on the 22 FBS and Love it. We took our maiden voyage back in October of 2011. We had a great time and fell in love with our 22 FBS. We're really excited that camping season starts in 3 weeks. We can't wait. I hope this helps.

CliffP

Every brand will have issues, and when you have issues, you seek solutions on the internet. No many folks go to the internet to post how issue-free their rig is, LOL!
This forum is also a good reason to buy. HL does read and help folks that post here, and there is a huge network of owners all over that participate regularly with tips and tricks and posts of advice. Not to mention the Rallies and FUN we have!

Every brand will have issues, and when you have issues, you seek solutions on the internet. No many folks go to the internet to post how issue-free their rig is, LOL!

Welcome to the forum Linda! We are happy North Trail owners. Before we purchased we looked at every brand imaginable. We did tons of research online, joined both Heartland's forum and Forest River's forum, and asked a lot of questions. As stated above, every brand of rv has issues. Stuff happens, its how things are taken care of afterward that really matters. We had problems with delaminating that were quickly taken care of by Heartland. Hindsight is 20/20 and if we could go back in time we would do it all over again. My advice is after you decide what brand you're going with, spend some time researching what dealer to go with. Heartland (or whomever) will have a hard time taking care of any issues you might have if your dealer doesn't cooperate.
Good luck with your shopping and hope you enjoy your new rv! Speaking from experience I know you won't miss setting up your pop-up;)!

Cliff and Mindy

CliffP

One more feather in Heartland's cap! //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29909-Got-a-kick-in-the-pants-from-Dealer

Cliff

Saildogs

Hi Linda,

We have a NT24RBS and love it! Very easy to tow and with plenty of room for two adults and two standard poodles. Our previous TT was a Sunline and the quality was excellent. When we decided to move up to a larger TT, we found that the Heartland product quality was right up there with the Sunline. To date, we have towed it about 5,000 miles in two years and only very minor issues resolved under warranty.

JeremyN

I own a 2011 28BRS and I couldn't be happier with our trailer. I am a little disappointed with how low it sits, but that is really it. Just have to be careful what driveways you are pulling in and out of! :)

I didn't know about this forum until my dealer told me about it. But if I would have known about it before, it would have made my decision way easier.

This forum has been an absolute blessing to me so far. When you have direct contact to the factory through this type of avenue, and of course all of the experience and knowledge brought to the table by all its members, it really makes this outlet priceless.

I could not be happier overall with everything.

ZNK

I second these comments. This forum truly is amazing. It is like having a second family that feels exactly the way you do ;)