Refridgerator thought

I was looking at (some other brand) the other day and they had installed two refridgerators side by side. One door opened to the left and the other one to the right. One of the refrig's had the ice maker in it and the other did not. I thought that this was a good idea for several reasons. If one went out, the other one could still be used. Also if you had to remove one of them to get it worked on, it would not be so big to remove. Also the extra room that both refridgerators would give you. We are looking at this from the full time aspect. Just a thought

Tom of Ypsi

I have never seen two refers in one fifth wheel but did see that in a motorhome once. I personally would not worry about a refer going bad, it happens but adding the extra weight just for the incase factor seems a little too much for me. I have a 12 cubic foot side by side with ice maker and fulltime. There is plenty of room, makes more ice than I will ever use in one day and it is right inside the door for easy access. Granted we have to go to the grocery store more often than we did before but it is no big deal. We are out sightseeing anyways and just make a quick trip into the local grocery for what we need and a half hour we are done.