Inverter

wdk450

I have 4 group 24 deep cycle batteries, a Boily 3600 generator, and a 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter from E-Bay. I have a remote power switch and a 50 foot extention cord plugged to the inverter that are stored in my laundry chute in the inside steps. I can selectively power any 110 Volt AC device, or plug in to the trailer's main power cord (and turn off the breaker for the battery charger/convertor) and power the whole trailer with the inverter.

I have been using this system a lot the past few days as I am sitting in a quiet COE campground and want to minimize my generator use. I can watch TV, which came in handy in the howling wind and rainstorm we had last night, without going outside to start up the generator. I run the generator in 1 1/2 hour stints to recharge the battery bank. I monitor the 12 volts DC with a plug-in voltage monitor available at RVing stores (I previously installed a couple of 12 volt DC outlets in the trailer).

If I had this to do over again, I think I would just have a 2000 Watt Honda generator. That is smaller, lighter, and quieter than the Boily. If I need Air conditioning, I would go to a park with hookups.

boatdoc

I power the whole BH with a MSW 2500W inverter. I just turn the charger breaker off and Diana can use anything she wants except the A/C. My only complaint is my onboard compressor won't run off the MSW inverter, dang!!!

DougS

Doug S
Same as Gary with a 2,000W inverter. I installed a switch to shut converter off, rule is inverter on - converter off. Also, electric heating elements in refrig. and water heater off. A/C off also.

boatdoc

OPPS, Forgot about the W/H. I turn it off also, that would knock heck out of the batterys in a hurry!!!

Thanks to all who responded. I will be putting in a 3000 PSW inverter/charger hooked to 4 Lifeline GPL-6CT batteries in series parallel which will have a capacity of about 600 AH.

I will remove the brand new Dometic Elite 14CF with ice maker and replace it with a Samsung 197 residential refer as I have in my Dynasty MH now.

Treefarmer