Almost ready to purchase but some questions

Porkchop

So we are so close to buying but I have a major fear. I'm new. No idea what to look for in a walk through or how to use the rv.

We would most likely have the rv delivered.

Many dealers say the drivers are not qualified to do the orientation. Some say their drivers are. I'm not sure who to believe.

Exoeriences, thoughts, concerns?

All dealers are at least 500 miles from me. The closest is 500 miles. I like one that is almost 800 miles away. Shipping will be approximately 1200. Taking time off work to drive isn't a great option.

Thanks. Sorry so disjointed and spelling errors. I can't correct it on the iPad sorry!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
If at all possible go and get it from the dealer. there are several PDI lists on the forum post #5 has one in this thread //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/23099-Bighorn-PDI-Checklist/page2

Nobody is going to check your coach out as well as you. If you find something at the dealership it can be corrected before you pay for it. If you have it delivered and find something you will end up taking it back anyway and you have given up leverage to have it corrected "while you wait".

Good luck

PUG

Pug
How successful are mail order brides? Ever buy clothes or shoes without trying them on?

The dealer you bought it from should walk you through the whole kit and kaboodle. If they are telling you the delivery driver will, don't believe that, not their job or in their relm of expertise. When you buy a trl go through everything and I mean everything. Open every drawer and inspect. Hook up to water and make sure their are no leaks anywhere including drains. Try every light switch and plug in. Make them show you how the hot heater works and how to switch from gas to electric. Make them show you where to fill your water tank and how to turn the pump on and do it. Have them show you how to dump the grey and black tanks and where to find the guages showing the levels. If it has a generator crank it up and make sure you know how it works. Get up on the roof and underneath checking everything for errors. Hook it up to your rig and make sure you understand how it all works.

Don't trust your dealer (most anyway) and never trust a salesman (very very seldom).

I invite everyone else to chime in to what you should look for.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We made a "long distance" purchase...2600 miles to be exact. Had the BC delivered to our driveway. We too were somewhat apprehensive about the process but there is no doubt in my mind that the dealer we purchased from had done a thorough PDI prior to shipping. They made a DVD of our exact rig with a tech going through all the systems and even showing a "winterization." The transport driver really had no clue about the RV. I checked things myself before I signed the final paperwork and before he left. This particular purchase worked for us. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Best Wishes!