Firesone RideRite remote compressor mounting

wingfoot

Where did you guys mount your on board compressor for your air bags. The instruction state: "This location should provide ample air flow and be protected from airborne debris and MOISTURE". I have read where some have mounted on the frame rail..Others, in the engine compartment. Which location do you guys think is best.
Thank,
Larry

Urban350

My compressor was small enough to mount above my spare tire mount. Was in the same place in my previous truck and is still working.

PUG

Pug
Mounted mine underneath up in the frame. It seemed to be protected enough but I do check it for debri occasionally.

DougS

Doug S
Larry,
Looks like we have the same truck. My compressor is located passenger side engine compartment on fender wall. Gauge is located under dash above fuel pedal. Hard to see the numbers, I just pump the bags up so the needle is at 11 o'clock.

wingfoot

Larry,
Looks like we have the same truck. My compressor is located passenger side engine compartment on fender wall. Gauge is located under dash above fuel pedal. Hard to see the numbers, I just pump the bags up so the needle is at 11 o'clock.

Doug, thanks for the reply. I haven't got it yet, it's on the way..just getting ideas. I've looked inside my engine compartment and don't see where this could be done. Of course I don't know the dimensions yet. Would you have any pictures?

Thanks

ncc1701e

I'll see if I can describe this since I didn't take any pictures. The compressor I bought came with the wireless remote and was about 6"x6"x4" overall. On the frame of the F250 are several pockets where the body mounts to the frame. This compressor and all its associated devices fit very nicely into one of these pockets. I took a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate, mounted the compressor and valve on the top side, routed the power wire wire out the top to a uplifter switch, and the air line from the compressor out the top to the driver side air bag tee'd across to the passenger air bag. All this was done without drilling the first hole except to punch the power feed wire through a rubber grommet in the fire wall. To hold the entire assembly in place, I simply used two pieces of 5/16" all-thread routed through existing body holes above the pocket through holes I drilled to match in the plate. A couple of nylon locknuts with the plate pulled up tight against the bottom of the pocket. Short of running through water deep enough to get in the cab, the whole assembly is nearly totally enclosed from exposure to anything running down the road.

25870-air-lift-wiresless-one-compressor-kit.jpg
Wireless One by Airlift. http://www.suspensionconnection.com

Best of luck.

wingfoot

I'll see if I can describe this since I didn't take any pictures. The compressor I bought came with the wireless remote and was about 6"x6"x4" overall. On the frame of the F250 are several pockets where the body mounts to the frame. This compressor and all its associated devices fit very nicely into one of these pockets. I took a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate, mounted the compressor and valve on the top side, routed the power wire wire out the top to a uplifter switch, and the air line from the compressor out the top to the driver side air bag tee'd across to the passenger air bag. All this was done without drilling the first hole except to punch the power feed wire through a rubber grommet in the fire wall. To hold the entire assembly in place, I simply used two pieces of 5/16" all-thread routed through existing body holes above the pocket through holes I drilled to match in the plate. A couple of nylon locknuts with the plate pulled up tight against the bottom of the pocket. Short of running through water deep enough to get in the cab, the whole assembly is nearly totally enclosed from exposure to anything running down the road.

25870-air-lift-wiresless-one-compressor-kit.jpg
Wireless One by Airlift. http://www.suspensionconnection.com

Best of luck.

Thanks for the post...sounds like a plan!

mmomega

AnyTimer
Mounted mine inside of the frame rail, drivers side. There was a good 2ft stretch with nothing on or near the frame and 3 of the hole for the compressor lined up. I drilled the forth one, tightened it down and ran the lines through the firewall for the in-cab gauge and the activate pump and deflate button, then ran lines back to the bags

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I mounted mine behind the back seat and because my was not a remote unit I mounted the switch right next to the back door between the seat back and side wall. I drilled a hole through the back of the cab to run the hose out to the air bags... it has worked well for several years.

Kevin

mesteve

I mounted mine inside the front bumper. It is protected from any rain by virtue of location in regards to the hood opening. I didnt want it under the framerails in case we went thru some deeper than expected water.