Insulation

Country

What do you all think of the insulation on the Cyclones? Most of the other manufactures we've looked at offer an insulation upgrades (which we planned on getting), but I don't see that as an option on the Cyclone. Does it stay cool in the hot summer and warm in the winter? Does the AC or Heat cycle off and on a lot?
Thanks.

russell

I own a 4012 and this is where Heartland really stands ahead of any other manufacturer that I have encountered. My Cyclone is insulated like an icebox.

mufflerman

I have a 3795, I really dont know how well it is insulated because of all the leaks in the heater system. As far as the a/c I haven't been able to use it but once in hot weather (been in dealer more than my driveway) and it didn't cool worth a darn, really hot in bedroom.
I have to check the a/c ducts for leaks and possibly and a second a/c.
Good luck,

helixbc

Insulation...

russell said:
I own a 4012 and this is where Heartland really stands ahead of any other manufacturer that I have encountered. My Cyclone is insulated like an icebox.

How many A/C units do you have? How does the garage do in the summer? We travel to many sporting events and would like to use the garage to kennel some of our dogs. Do I need to get a separate A/C for the garage? Does anyone know if that is an available option? We have to deal with 100+ temps for several months out west.

Do we know how/what the Cyclone is insulated with? As Russell mentioned about his 4012, I really want mine to be an icebox and that can be asking a lot out here.

Thanks,

Jim
Las Vegas, NV
Current owner of 33' Tahoe Transport - looking to move up to the Cyclone 4012 :D

cliffhanger

Just back from the Utah desert. If I were to keep dogs in the garage, a second/third air cond is mandatory. FWIW.

helixbc

cliffhanger said:
Just back from the Utah desert. If I were to keep dogs in the garage, a second/third air cond is mandatory. FWIW.

Thanks. That is what I needed to know.

Jim