Rolled off the Line Today!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Got confirmation this afternoon...our 3600RL rolled off the assembly line today!!! Yee HAAAA!!

Scheduled delivery for Monday morning, June 9th at Best Buy in Springfield, Ohio. Now the fun begins, got move everything satellite dome, washer/dryer, solar panel, inverter and so on and so on...

Don't think I've looked forward to anything so much in a long time, especially my new wrap around kitchen; didn't realize how important that was when we started fulltiming! IT'S BEEN A LONG SIX WEEKS!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Congrats

Congrats on your new 3600RL. We love ours. Did you add a fireplace? You may want to consider adding a light underneath the cabinet next to the range hood. We added the light and it made a big difference when working on the stove and next to the stove. Best of luck.

Pulltab

COOL Kathy! It's great when a company does what they say! :) Well see you this weekend, travel safe!

kakampers

Tom,

Yes, we did get the fireplace. Thanks for the idea of the light near the stove, didn't realize there wasn't one there...

How about the OH cabinet beside the sink, does one need to be added there or is one already installed?

Pulltab - can't wait to get out there and see you guys and pick up our new home!!!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
OH cabinet & FP

KaKampers, the OH cabinet by the sink has a light under it already. The dealer put in the light under cabinet next to range hood for us during the winter, but it is not too hard to do. Power is near by. We use our fireplace when we need to warm up with temps in the 40 -50 degree area. The heat seems to go right up to the bedroom and can get very warm. Watch for heat building up in the DVD cabinet above the fireplace. I checked temp in cabinet and it was 109 with fireplace on and 113 with DVD/radio on with the fireplace. I discussed this issue with the tech where I purchased my BH and he called the manufacturer of the fireplace. The manufacturer is designing a heat shield for the top of the fireplace and tech said it should be ready by end of summer. I just left the DVD cabinet door open and that reduced the heat build up. I am also looking into replacing the glass in the door with a decorative screen that is available a many good glass companies. Let me know if you want more info or have any questions. Stay safe and happy camping.

kakampers

Hey Tom,

Got our unit and boy is it pretty! Just a couple of questions though; does your fireplace have a remote? Our old unit did, this one doesn't seem to, and can't find anything in the booklet. I noticed someone else talking about their's and it apparently did have one. As for heat above the fireplace, we don't have a cabinet above it, only counter top.

Is yours an 08'; our's came with a light under the cabinet near the stove...maybe the factory took notice and changed things. Also, do you have any storage under your bed? We only have a large flat area with approximately a 3" deep space...what's up with that? All the ones I've seen while shopping Bighorn had compartments under the bed, that's what we thought we would have too!

ChopperBill

The replacement fire place I got had a remote. Would only work about 6 inches from it. I got my old fire place back and fixed the problem myself. Don't think the remotes work that good according to some posts I have read. Same as with the A/C remotes, I think they finally did away with them.