Troubles with Cyclone 3912

caterscasa

We are new owners of the Cyclone 3912.
We have found alot of little items and large items that we have been told by our dealer "that's the way the factory sends them".
Can you help me with the following problems?

1) the edging under the kitchen cabinets are bare in places, showing the wood.
2) In the freezer compartment, there are several screws. Is there supposed to be a plate over the screws?
3) Several of the walls are bowing, next to sofa/bed and the bedroom wall between the bedroom and bathroom.
4) the bed slide has rubbed the bottom of the slide raw to the wood.
5) all of the slides have gaps around the seals when pulled in.
6) The undercarriage is falling off
7) large zig zag scratch across the wall next to the stove where the cabnets where slid in.
8) the bed slide leaks water onto the carpet in the corners of the bedroom when it rains.

I don't understand how this could have left the factory with so many problems? The dealer had it for 5 weeks prior to us doing our acceptance inspection. They are attempting to fix the problems but are stumped as to the bed slide or what to due about the scratch across the wall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
At this point we are very upset and wondering if we bought a lemon, and no it is not buyers remorse. We looked for over a year to find the right toyhauler. Is it normal to have so many problems? Does Heartland have a quality assurance division? We have not even gone on our first trip yet:confused:

Scott

I will do my best to address each of your concerns, with my comments in Blue.

1) the edging under the kitchen cabinets are bare in places, showing the wood. I guess I would have to see some pictures of exactly where you are talking about. I know that "under" the kitchen cabinets, there are some stile edges that show.
2) In the freezer compartment, there are several screws. Is there supposed to be a plate over the screws? Are you talking about screw heads showing, or loose screws? Obviously if there are loose screws in there, they were left over from when the refer was installed and a mistake on our part. If you are just talking about how it looks, I would ask if you compared it to the inside of any other Dometic Freezer.
3) Several of the walls are bowing, next to sofa/bed and the bedroom wall between the bedroom and bathroom. We can have this looked at and corrected.
4) the bed slide has rubbed the bottom of the slide raw to the wood. Don't know if it occured during travel (which happens) but it is obviously out of adjustment now and needs the underside of the slide floor repaired. They leave here adjusted correctly and it is fairly common to have them out of adjustment a bit when they arrive on the dealer's lot. The dealer simply readjusts it and it works as intended.
5) all of the slides have gaps around the seals when pulled in. I would have to see it, but our slide-out rooms and their double wiper seals are very good at protecting the coach from water penetration. A lot of times, people think that because the inside seal looks wavey that the outside seal is as well. It just looks that way when the room is in, and it looks different when the room is out. We can still have the dealer look at it for you, but I am going to tell you that it is a cosmetic thing, and not a function thing.
6) The undercarriage is falling off. Pretty broad scoped statement, but I would imagine that you are talking about a corner or an area where it is coming loose - possibly near where the plumbing comes down? Not sure if a screw came loose during transport or what - but an easy fix.
7) large zig zag scratch across the wall next to the stove where the cabnets where slid in. The cabinets are not "slid" in. They are mounted to the floor even before the sidewalls are installed. We can check the dealer check-in inspection sheet to see if it was there when the unit arrived at the dealer. If not, it happened in the care of the dealer. Either way, we can get it repaired for you.
8) the bed slide leaks water onto the carpet in the corners of the bedroom when it rains. This leads me to believe that indeed, something was done to the adjustment on this slide room. We will get it set properly, where it will seal tight and not damage the bottom of the slide floor.

I don't understand how this could have left the factory with so many problems? Besides the cabinet edge question and the screws in the freezer, you are talking about a handful of issues that can be corrected in about 3 hours at the dealership. The dealer had it for 5 weeks (wow) prior to us doing our acceptance inspection. They are attempting to fix the problems but are stumped as to the bed slide or what to due about the scratch across the wall. The only way a dealer is "stumped" is if they have not worked with our customer service department.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Call our Customer Service Department directly at 574.262.8030. Ask for the warranty representative for your state and they will get this handled immediately.
I'm sorry that your dealer has been stumped and supposedly been working on the coach for five weeks. I promise you that the issues you described can be addressed very quickly and they can get you on the road asap.
ST

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
cater
Heartland and your dealer will get it right. Just work with and stay on the dealer's service manager. It took our dealer a while but heartland was on any problem that was there.
We have stained some raw wood that we "had" to look at. Seems that is the way a lot of manufacturer's do it.

caterscasa

Scott,
Thank you for your quick reply. I will continue to work with our dealers General Manager and will call your service department next week if nothing has been completed.
1) Dealer has ordered colored tape to cover under cabinets.
2) Yes, we checked other dometic Freezers (on line and at camping world) and there is a sliding plate over the screw heads.
4) If the bed slide is out of adjustment once, can it not go out of adjustment again when we are traveling? We looked at other 3912s on the lot and the bed slide seems to have wider wheel?
7) The cabnet I was talking about is the upper cabinet left of the microwave. You can see where the cabinet was put in after the wall.

I have not figured out how to attach the photos, but I do have them if you need to see them.
Thanks again for the info.

ChopperBill

I have a length of that wood grained tape and it has come in handy to cover screw holes and other things. You have to really look for it to see it on the wall.

caterscasa

Still waiting...

Scott,
How long does it take to get something ordered from the factory to get to the dealer? Our dealer ordered a new rug and it took 4 weeks. They also said they have several other items on order (new slide wheels, colored cabinet tape, rubber sealant, etc.)and it has already been two weeks. Is there anyway to expidite the order? :(

Scott

Parts

The longest lead time for any parts here is windows, which takes us three weeks to get. Some items that production only orders one per (unit) can take up to two weeks to get - which would be the case with your edged rug. Depending on when the dealer actually placed the order, it can take a few days to process it here - but still, that would under three weeks - not four. You can call our Parts Dept. at 574.262.8030 and give them your Dealer name, unit VIN# and they can give you the exact info on when the order came in, status, etc.
ST

William

Scott, I notice that you posted the same phone number for a 'direct line to customer service' and to parts. Is that correct?

Note from Admin: Customer Service, Dealer Services and Parts are now located in the same new building. I suspect the number to be the same.