Generator Install

Marlin

I have an 2011 Elkridge 29RKSA that I plan to install an Onan 3600 QG LP generator on. This unit does not have the Gen Prep Package. Will I be able to mount the Gen direct to the floor, it seems to be strong enough. I've seen others that are mounted similiar. It weights 172 lbs. I've also noted, that some gen prep packages come with a metal box.
Thanks, Marlin

jimtoo

Hi Marlin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I see you have been a member of the forum a while. Hopefully you will get an answer from some of our other Elkridge owner soon.

Enjoy the forum and your Elkridge.

Jim M

jbeletti

Marlin,

The sheet metal box that is part of the GenPrep option is used to seal off the generator from the coach to guard against gases leaking into the coach.

Adding our sheet metal box will not be possible in a retrofit fashion. Possibly fashioning your own, may be possible.

Just wanted to let you know what that metal box was for.

Jim

branson4020

Icantre Member
I have an 2011 Elkridge 29RKSA that I plan to install an Onan 3600 QG LP generator on. This unit does not have the Gen Prep Package. Will I be able to mount the Gen direct to the floor, it seems to be strong enough. I've seen others that are mounted similiar. It weights 172 lbs. I've also noted, that some gen prep packages come with a metal box.
Thanks, Marlin

Are you sure you want to do that? I added a 4kw propane genny in my Bighorn, and even with the gen prep package it was still pain in the rear. Also, it really sucks down propane. If I had it to do over again, I'd just use a couple of 2KW yamahonda portables.

jnbhobe

We make most everything work with a 3K Honda, can't make AC and microwave at the same time but that don't happen too often. The best part is I can't hear it running.