Storage of 50 Amp Power Cord in Toyhauler

1231ChaseB

Hi All ! Considering that i am getting tired of lugging that cumbersome monster cable around i went to Wal-Mart and bought an inexpensive garden hose reel ! Mounted it to the front wall in the storage compartment and wound the thing up ! I'll be curious to see how long before maybe it breaks from the weight ! Whenever that happen's i'll take the reel alone and make it so it won't break again ! I haven't used it yet but i already like that the thing is up out of the way ! There's just no good way to put that thing away !
chaseb

jbeletti

Re: 50 Amp Cord

Chase,

Mor/ryde has come out with a new manual reel for power cords called the Mor/stor. It looks perfect for toyhaulers.

I'll try to find it and post a file or link here.

Jim

Found it - see attached PDF.

Attachments

• mor-stor.pdf
    143.7 KB · Views: 579

jbeletti

I'd say call Mor/ryde to find out where to buy, pricing etc.. Not sure if they retail direct or not.

1231ChaseB

It appears the Mor/Ryde reel might be about 200 dollars ? I hope my WalMart hose reel for 18 dollars don't break too soon ! chaseb

wingfoot

It appears the Mor/Ryde reel might be about 200 dollars ? I hope my WalMart hose reel for 18 dollars don't break too soon ! chaseb

Tell me about this WalMart reel..l am looking for an alternative to the $200.00 option. Any Pictures?

1231ChaseB

It's just a cheap garden hose reel ( $18.47 ) and i screwed it to the front compartment wall and reeled up the cord on it ! I think it take's about 7 inch's of space !
Sorry, don't know how to put pic's on here ! Not the very front compartment cause i have a generator taking up that space !
chaseb

1231ChaseB

Wingfoot ! I've decided to take the reel back out , which will take about 2 minute's , and make it where it won't break from the weight ! I don't think it will take more than a bolt and a little bit of wood to replace some of the plastic in there ! Just have to get my imagination working !
chaseb

wingfoot

Wingfoot ! I've decided to take the reel back out , which will take about 2 minute's , and make it where it won't break from the weight ! I don't think it will take more than a bolt and a little bit of wood to replace some of the plastic in there ! Just have to get my imagination working !
chaseb

Go for it...let us know how you come out...sounds like a good idea. Maybe one could buy a little better grade hose reel and improvise..

gpshemi

I agree, but $200 is cheap for a cord reel really. Most of those cost $300-600. It's the reason I haven't already ordered one.

djlogan

I got th mor ryde at dyers rv on line. $170 + shipping. Absolutely worth every penny. Near military grade unit. Very pleased.

djlogan

Powered may be good, but it is something else to break. The ease of use of the Mor/Ryde is exceptional. Hand powered is near foolproof.

Jimmyt5

I have quit worrying about my power cord. Since I am going to use it at the next sight I just throw it in the back of truck. Yes someone can steal it however I am not that far away from truck till I get to the next campground, the guy would have to be awful fast. I use to worry about putting it away but one day said who needs this BS for 350 miles I also put the water hose in the same place.
I store em in the right place when I get home.

JJandDD

I went low tech. just got a plastic bucket cut a hole in the bottom side, fed the camper plug through so it can reach the camper while sitting on the ground underneath. then i coiled the rest on top and put the camper plug in the hole in the middle.

djlogan

Mounted it on driver side storage right next to UDC. I also added a container made out of vinyl fence post for my surge protector. Will and pics next time I'm over a my rig. but very simple to do. I'm still very pleased with this unit