Four months after purchase we go on our first outing.

santafesoul

We purchased our 2011 3500RL used in November and have taken our time to take care of some basics, not the least of which was new springs and repacking the wheel bearings. But Friday last was our first outing. Not sure of ourselves, we decided to park not far from home and importantly, a Walmart near by.

Happy to say that all went well, some challenges but all in all we had a great time.

Just a few lessons learned,
1. If you are hooking up to cable, turn that booster off.
2. Put the Water Heater bypass valve to normal before you turn on the water, somehow we could not get water to the water heater so I disconnected from the water and started all over with the valve to normal before pressurizing the coach.
3. Thanks to a nice neighbor (Landmark owner) Always have the electrical breaker off when connecting and disconnecting from shore power.

Not enough words to express thanks to all of you for making post that we could learn from.

Paul

Oh yes, there are some very friendly people that RV or maybe they just like to talk.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Oh yes, there are some very friendly people that RV or maybe they just like to talk.

Both!!​

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ditto what ziggy said. My DH manages to meet every neighbor we park next to, and not because he's a talkative type. I guess he looks friendly, so they start talkin!

And HL owners especially seem to take care of their own. ;)

Erika

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Wait until you go to a rally with 20 rigs or more! It's tough to get set up or packed up without talking. Walking the dogs becomes a camp-wide social event. There is food and drink everywhere! We love it....

Kristy

CliffP

Welcome to the family Paul. Lots to learn here and great people. No doubt, if it can happen it has happened to someone on the forum. Enjoy that new Big Country!

Cliff and Mindy