Basement Contents

Bob Vaughn

At the Fl. Rally last week I noticed a guy in SOB 5th wheel that had his basement door open and so help me hanna you could not have put another thing in there. Not even something as small as a salt shaker. I do not know how he ever found what he was looking for because it was wall to wall floor to ceiling stuff. I was pondering what would he need all that stuff for. At first I thought he was a pack rat or had made a bunch of trips to Cosco or Sams or BJ's .......
I am weeding out things that I did not need or use on our 6 week trip up north last summer. With Walmarts on every corner most things that I suddenly found a need for on a one time use I would just make a road trip to get it.....
I am wondering what I should carry and what should I leave at home...:confused:

jnbhobe

I guess I'm like that guy, I think I have one of everything with me and I know where 99% of it is. It comes from years of dry camping where we are 20 miles from the closest town. I will say I have never been to a Heartland Rally that I haven't supplied someone with a part or tool they needed.

PeternLiane

My little basement is very full of stuff and is also well organized. You never know where or when something could break. I carry one of each pipe angles, coax couplers, hoses and other things. The only thing that I can recommend is if you want regular duct tape get it yourself. Otherwise if you have your daughter pick it up for you she'll bring you pink duct tape.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am one of those guys also. Not real organized, but I know where everything is.
If Jon don't have it I might.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I have a lot of things I didn't use this Winter that I dragged along..but I know I'll use all of them sometime this Summer. I even know where most of them are, as long as I keep them in those clear plastic storage boxes..Don

rick_debbie_gallant

My basement and I are the talk of our little neighbor hood. Once or twice a week you will find me taking everything out, trying to organize it, then about an hour before sundown I just throw everything back in. I am the entertainment! This summer I will completely empty the basement, seperate out what I dont need and carefully place everything back in.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am full time so, I really don't count. But my basement is full. I have 20 Rubbermaid totes in it and they are all labeled. Wives clothes, my clothes, holiday decorations, tools, electrical items, fresh water stuff, black water stuff. The list goes on and on. But they are all labeled and yes I have to remove totes to get to totes, but they area all in there in order. To me it is the only way to go. Along my travels, mostly military, I found it was better to have than have not!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mine is full and I know where everything is.....unless DW gets in it. Its amazing how much room folding chairs and DW's junk takes up.

dglatta

I have a lot of things I didn't use this Winter that I dragged along..but I know I'll use all of them sometime this Summer. I even know where most of them are, as long as I keep them in those clear plastic storage boxes..Don

That's just because we ran out of time and things to fix!

Bob Vaughn

I wonder if I put my satellite dish in the basement will I have room for anything else. It seems awful big.....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if I put my satellite dish in the basement will I have room for anything else. It seems awful big.....
I have my Slimline in the basement, along with a ton of other junk.
You can modify the LNB arm by adding a hinge so that it folds and takes up a little less space.

Peace
Dave

funntheson

I have a Tailgater, and I just keep it in the closet until we get to where we are going (on my side of course!).

pegmikef

Us TT owners really don't have that problem because our basements are really small compared to those on the fivers. We make do . . . my Tailgater rides just fine on the bed when we are moving.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
I am part of that club also. Mines full, I know where everything is cause it only fits in there one way...........