Looking for feedback from current Razor owners

arisce

Hi all,
First I tried to start a thread in the Razor forum but there is no way to do this. If at all possible maybe it could be transferred to the Razor section.
I am interested in buying the 3110DS Razor. But there is no feedback at all. If anyone out there has a Razor could you post your thoughts on this unit. Pros and cons. This would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Jim I am sending an S.O.S. to figure how to start a thread in the Razor forum. Thanks.

jbeletti

Anything for you Karen (and Bill)!

The Razor forum will be constructed today!

RAZORS.....Unite!!

Jim

arisce

(and Bill)

HI Jim,
Thanks for the redirect. I like the (and Bill) good recovery. So if I want anything done I just ask Karen to do it. Wow. Yes, I think that the Razor would fit our needs. I was surprised that there was not a thread in the Razor section. Perhaps at the next rally there will be a Razor. This is why I want some feedback. So, if anybody has some info or mods to share on the Razor then let all Razor owners post. Thanks.

P.S. Back to the "no signature " in our post. I checked the box but nothing shows up. Help! (Karen)

jbeletti

Hi Bill,

With a couple sharing a username and a generic signature, sometimes I guess it wrong. :eek:

But you know I love you both the same :D It's just that Karen is cuter :p

It would be awsome if by Branson, we could have a rally with all of Heartland's brands represented.

Email me with how your repairs are coming along.

Jim

I purchased a 3110DS yesterday. Haven't seen it yet as its coming from the factory. I will post more when I see what I get!

jbeletti

cockney,

Congratulations on your order. Bill and Karen (arisce) will look forward to hearing more about your unit once you get it.

Jim

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Karen, or is it Bill, I think the problem with your signature not showing up is a change in the format that only allows the signature to be displayed in your first post to a thread any additional post in the same thread will not have a signature line as I understand it.

Don

At Last

OK we've got it! After a lot of phone calls and moaning the dealer and the Heartlands salesperson came through for us. This was because our original Razor was sent to another dealer. It was end of month so it was an easy mistake. But now we have the interior we wanted.

Its only been 5 days but we love this RV. The specs had changed from the original brochure we had, but nothing major: steel wheels instead of alloy, 2 LP tanks instead of three and few other minor things but overall we are very satisfied. The one observation I've made so far is, how many lights can you get in one of these things. There are lights everywhere. This is not a complaint!

We're off this weekend, so lets hope all goes well because we are completely new to this.

More soon.

Big G

Big G
We just picked up our new Razor yesterday, stayed over night and returned today. We were more than surprised, when we first walked up and saw so many changes from the web video I based my decision on. Not just a few either, CockneyUSA only named a few changes. There were many more on our new 3212. I will say, ExploreUSA Kyle, TX did a great job making us feel OK about the deal after everything was finished.
Happy with our new Razor in Willis, TX.
Big G & Samm

3212SB Model

Hi There: Nice to know that there is someone out there that has one of these toyhaulers. We will be picking up our on Monday the 12th. We live out in California. We have looked for the last 18 months at all the different ones out there and this one seems to fit our needs the best. It seems like it is better build than most. We are experienced toyhaulers, and have had a GearBox and a 38' Sierra with a garage. The 38' is just too big to go anywhere. The Gear Box was fun but too small. Let us know how yours is working out. We are going to the desert for Thanksgiving and that will be our first run. We will see how it goes. Always a few things first time out. I have to say I loved the floor plan in this model. :eek:

Big G

Big G
Congrats on the new toyhauler. We like ours, just haven't had it long enough to give you any tips as yet. It's also a 3212SB, we did pull it back from Austin, TX. when we picked it up (165 miles). It pulled extremely well, we plan to go out right after Thanksgiving. Let us know how your holiday goes.

I too thought the Razor was a well constructed trailer. I was looking at both Rage'N and Weekend Warrior's at the show at Pomona last month, but bought the Razor instead.
Have fun, Big G:)

me15

Ive had my 3212 for about 3 months and had it out about 5 times so I will give my first impression. Over all I like it a lot. Not all floor plans are for everybody but this one seems to fit just me and my wife just fine. I haul 1 HD Road King and 1 07 Husquvarna TE 450 so I have plenty of garage. I was at Pomona show in CA last year and this was the one we liked the best. It seemed to be the best bang for the buck. I was really impressed by the cabinetry for a mid priced Toy Hauler. Lots of storage the front compartment is huge. It pulls nice, I have and 06 Dodge 3500 and it is so nice to be able to go the speed limit up just about any grade. And it is short enough to get in to most spots and that was my 1 priority in our decisions. I came from a 38 footer and could not get into some of the places I like to go. The bathroom is the best thing since sliced bread, its big. The kitchen is OK but would like to have about a foot more of counter space. Heating and cooling work real well, the rig seems very well insulated. The Pioneer stereo sounds real good but watch it if your dry camping the batteries will drain faster than you think with out the generator on, and my TV will not play through the surround sound speakers, that one of the things on my list when I take it to my dealer for a few items to be fixed. For about three days of dry camping 105 gal of water seems to be OK but if I had kids with me I think It might not do. Over all not that many blemishes to be fixed, not compared to my last one. So far so good, but tomorrow I take it to the dreaded Service Dept for its little fixes and see how well they do.

A

AEmedic

For those of you that just got a 3212, what have you found to be an accurate tongue weight?
Does anyone have any insight into the 4 season ability of the Razor?
I am planning on towing with the vehicle in my signature, any comments?
TIA!

Last edited:

psdl*99

I am new to this site and Heartland. My wife and I just went to the Minneapolis RV show yesterday, Feb 8. I really had my heart set on a Cyclone until we walked into the Razor 3612. My goal was to show my wife the fit and finish of the cyclone and consider it a done deal. Well, it was a done deal, but once my wife saw the stairs leading up to the loft she was sold. So - fit and finish as well as the floor plan that fits us better than we would have known. I ended up with a purchase agreement for the model that was right on the floor. I'm not sure about a few thousand people walking through the unit I will end up with... but we liked it that much.

Does anyone have comments on the 3612?

I do not remember if the fold out bed was a true hide-a-bed or an air mattress.

dhicks

Razor 3110DS

We purchased our Razor just over one month ago, and haven't had the fun of using it yet. However, we've discovered a crack in the fiberglass which we suspect was there when we purchased, and water (rain) leaking into the living area. Thought it was a bad caulk around the furnace but I repaired that and still have a problem. Factory says they will cover the cost of fiberglass repair (not related to the leak in living area) but we're wondering if it can be repaired. Factory says they will take care of the crack or we can have it done by a local dealer. Question: Would we be better off just taping the crack? Can it really be permanently repaired? Also don't know where the water is coming in, thinking now that it might be around the slide. The dealer is 150-200 miles from us and we haven't had it back but have talked with them and the factory. Also found out the warranty does not cover transport back to the factory (about 500 miles one-way). At this point, can't say we're happy campers. We're wondering what we've gotten into. Has anyone else experienced these problems and if so, what was the outcome?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Unit at the show

...I ended up with a purchase agreement for the model that was right on the floor. I'm not sure about a few thousand people walking through the unit I will end up with... but we liked it that much...quote]

I left the show with an agreement last January. Due to options I had ordered that were unavailable, I, too, wound up with the floor model. The day came for delivery - not a problem. We love it! Been tested as far as I'm concerned. :D

buztan99

3612 Razor

I just purchased a 3612 Razor two weeks ago. After four days of dry camping at a motorcycle park in Texas, I have to say we love the unit; no problems yet.

The unit is a little heavy to pull with my F250 Diesel 4x4 with roadmaster active suspension.

We are definitely keeping the unit but may trade up the truck to an F350.

Big G

Big G
Three Axles Right?

BuzTan,
Congrats on the purchase. I pull a Razor 3212 with my F250 4X4,
so far no problem. I know the 3612 must be much heavier but haven't looked into it. Good luck, check out the Ford web site before you buy. Are you looking at SRW or Dually? The F350 SRW doesn't have much more than we do. :confused:
Best Regards, Big G

psdl*99

I took delivery of the Minneapolis show unit back on Feb 28. I pulled it home and parked it (waiting for the snow to melt). Over the last week I've finally been able to move it down to my shop and started installing wheel chocks in the garage, shelving unit, and loading it for our first trip on April 11.

I do have a short list of fixes for the dealer already. Most are small items but 1 biggy is the electric landing gear stopped working. I have also noticed several bolts/screws have sheared including one bolt from the ramp door closure/lock, both license plate bracket screws, and a piece of exterior corner molding from under the kitchen slideout. I wonder where their supplier is getting this hardware?

Things I have yet to check into is the heat output in the different sections of the camper. Other posts refer to low air movement from the bedroom and bathroom heat vents.

I can not wait to get this unit out... hopefully with working landing gear.:(