How to de-winterize my Sundance XLT 285BH

site_33

Bought a 2011 Sundance XLT 285BH last June and really love it! After the season was over, took it back to the dealer for a few minor fixes and winterizing. I would like to de-winterize on my own but can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have a similar model that give me directions? Biggest pain for me is finding the hot water heater bypass.

Thanks in advance.

PUG

Pug
Hot water bypass should be right close to HWH. Reverse it, check plug in HWH, shut drains, run water through all lines to get pink out, put small amount of chrorine in water tank, let set a day after filling, then run a couple of tanks through it to get chrorine out. Check for leaks. Lots of posts on winterizing and so forth on the forum.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
The bypass is inside under the fridg, remove a 2 screws on the wood panel. Hook up the city water and purge the anti-freeze out all the faucets.

mesteve

HW bypass is under the forward end of the lower bunk.
Pump is behind the UDC, access is right inside the ODS basement access door.

site_33

Thanks for the hint to look under the fridge. That actually led me to a door under the bottom bunk that leads to the back of the HWH (duh!) - much easier to access than from under the fridge. My next question is in relation to the valves on the hoses behind the HWH. I am assuming that all 3 will have to be flipped opposite of where they are right now or do some of them stay the way they are? My last TT was much easier to access and only had 1 designated bypass valve.