Closet door latch?

ChopperBill

I just broke my third infamous brown closet door latch. We only use them when we travel and just slide the doors to the opposite side when we are parked so you know they don't get used much. I was going to replace them and saw a post what some folks used but darned if I can find it.

GOTTOYS

I've broken a couple myself, but I haven't seen anything I would like better. I make sure to hold them open when I latch them as well as when I open them. I paid $18.00 for one from a stealer...err..dealer. I just bought a package of 2 to carry as spares from Tweedys for $11.00, same latch. How do you spell excess profit?...Don

Rrloren

Some of us have eliminated them in favor of a strip of Velcro about 4" long. Just returned from a 1500 mile trip and the Velcro never lost it's hold.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I too have used velcro on two different units over the last 7 yrs and never one problem. In the first year of our current rig I went through two sets.

Westwind

Both broke off within a month of getting the trailer, they still latch but when we are stopped we just reverse them. I have not intentions of buying more so they can break.

RAHanock

Here a link to an earlier discussion on this topic...

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29431-Wardrobe-door-catches

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I like the velcro idea, and am trying it. However, having a heck of a time getting the velcro to stick to the slippery smooth closet framing. Dont want to staple or gorilla glue it, but looks like that may be the only option.

Sandie

I've broken a couple myself, but I haven't seen anything I would like better. I make sure to hold them open when I latch them as well as when I open them. I paid $18.00 for one from a stealer...err..dealer. I just bought a package of 2 to carry as spares from Tweedys for $11.00, same latch. How do you spell excess profit?...Don
I can't believe you paid that much!!! We went to our dealer and got an extra set, just in case, for just under $5.00, taxc included.

GOTTOYS

I can't believe you paid that much!!! We went to our dealer and got an extra set, just in case, for just under $5.00, taxc included.
Like I said stealer...not dealer. They're a Big Horn dealer in our area. We plan to get a new Big horn in the next year or so. The price of that latch cost them the opportunity to give us a price quote on it...Too bad for them...Don