Dallas, Ft Worth, Clebourne, Arlington was hammered by tornatos , Tuesday, 3/3/12.

pegmikef

Anyone traveling in Texas right now should beware of the Dallas/Ft Worth area because there are several tornados in the area that have already and continue to cause extensive damage. Tornado warnings remain in effect.

readytohitheroad

Re: Dallas, Ft Worth, Clebourne, Arlington being hammered by tornatos right now

just watched this over the lunch hour on the weather station. Scary stuff!!!

GETnBYE

praying for everyone there. They look bad.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Moments ago on the weather channel they were showing what appeared to be empty 53 foot Schnieder trailers just flying through the air like toys. Unbelievable!!
I hope everyone gets through this storm safely.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

So far I am safe, had a minute of hail about 5 minutes ago. Looks like the worst will miss me. Usually most of the worst weather goes around our house, at least for the last 20 years.

Ray, I saw that video live on a TV station here.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I talked to my girls that live in Mesquite and Garland and they are fine, although freaked out by the weather/tornado sirens going off.

Terry H

Staff member

Here is a Link to 53' trailers flying in the air.

SilverRhino

Praying that all Heartland Members and their families in the Dallas area are safe. We have a number of friends in that area........Thank God that so far they are all safe......Nerves and property might be shaken, but the important thing is they are alive and well!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

I sure hope that everyone is ok in this area. I was born in Dallas. It will always be home to me.

Terry H

Staff member

Everyone has come through the storms and is safe. Out of 4 tornadoes touching down in Arlington, Lancaster, Forney and Royce City only a few minor injuries were reported on the news.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

We are OK too. DH passed through the path of the Forney twister, just 30 min before it hit. Really lucky these tornadoes were not as bad as they could have been. They were not extremely violent, and not on the ground long. No deaths, and very few injuries. The Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex has 4 news stations that are very competitive, thus they have the "latest and greatest" weather monitoring equipment and like to be "first" to warn and keep us informed. Praying for all those enduring this disaster. DH went to our storage lot, but could not get in (gate was not operating correctly). Will check tomorrow on our rig, but pretty sure it will be OK.

Erika

mmomega

AnyTimer

I was right in the middle of it in Arlington at a friends shop changing my oil when the shhh hit the fan. I posted some pics on my FB page though I didn't get any funnel pics from where I was, fire trucks and ambulances were screaming all around me.
I had just taken the overpass from I-20 to 287 and traffic was at a stand still, little did I know just around the corner barely a mile ahead a tornado was crossing the highway. After I got home I actually found someone had posted it to YouTube.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Our rig was fine, I checked this morning. Since we had straight-line winds (or weak tornado) damage to the rig last year, and this was somewhat "in line" with the storm track again, we were worried.

DH used to teach in Forney, and we have friends and acquaintances that live and work there. Lancaster, Forney and Arlington all had tornadoes hit somewhere last year, too. We are hearing lots of great reports about the first responders and emergency personnel taking quick action in the aftermath. If you want to see videos, google "Forney tornado", There are many, including some VERY close up from a storm chaser.

Feel free to donate to the Red Cross, if you feel compelled to help. http://www.redcrossdallas.org/site/PageServer