How do I get thrown off this forum???

Rodbuster

You guys are killing me.

This has got to be the best, the most informative and the most helpful forum that I have ever come across. I log in an average of twice a day and by doing this, I have picked up alot of great ideas.
My problem is, I don't know if I can afford you...lol. Much more of this and "my wife" will have a great RV but I fear that I may be looking for a new place to sleep.

Started with that big ole generator then I had to have that surge protector and then what would an RV be without a Tailgater. Keep in mind that this is not counting all the $40. and $60. and $100. "small items"... 50 amp extension cord, new propane grill, etc. etc.

Sure hope you people back me up on this next one. During dinner this evening I mentioned to my wife that I was reading the forum this afternoon and you were all strongly encouraging me to get a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Wow, did that go over big...lent a new meaning to "pressure" lol.

On a serious note, Fran (my wife) and I have had alot of fun shopping and picking things out to outfit our first RV. You people have been very supportive and helpful with my questions.

I'll be asking one of those questions in another post concerning which TPMS to purchase.

Thank you
Dick

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have to say They sure do!! Every time someone comes up with something new like (Cookie,Jon ,Mike and a few others) Kenny just has to have it.. So I have to say they are very good at spending your money..LOL....

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have to say They sure do!! Every time someone comes up with something new like (Cookie,Jon ,Mike and a few others) Kenny just has to have it.. So I have to say they are very good at spending your money..LOL....

Hmmmm.......Jon just got a new truck.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I gotta agree..this forum has cost us for the Travler Satellite Dish, the new 17.5 inches tires and rims, and the list just goes on and on. To the point now, it's gonna be hard to upgrade to the Landmark in a few years...but I think this forum will talk us into it, especially since we now have the perfect truck to go with that Chocolate fullbody paint!!...LOL;)

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Not only do you find new things to buy, but they help you fix the ones you already own. Great Forum. Ken

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I can help you with your problems. Just send me all of your credit cards and check books. Be sure to sign the "authorization" paper I'll send, too. Don't remove the carbon paper from the form package, though.

Just wait until the wife starts wanting to decorate the rig with a myriad of chotchkies and doo-dads. Naturally, they have to come from tourist trap gift shops.

wdk450

I just wish that Heartland offered ALL of these upgrades as options, maybe in a discounted deluxe package (like the automakers do). Then they could sell a basic competitive pricepoint, yet also offer a deluxe version that is smoother riding, safer, and has the deluxe features. I wish the RV sales advisors had the knowledge and concern to recommend these options that I could see in a deluxe package:

Suspension and Brakes:
MorRyde IS or TrailAir Centerpoint ride smoothing systems
NeverFail suspension Bushings
Oil Bath Wheel Bearings
Disk Brake or oversized Drum Brakes
Premium Tires (Already offered)
17 1/2 inch wheels and tires (balanced)
CorrectTrack Axle alignment system

Hitch:
Shock reducing Pinbox (MorRyde rubber block or TrailAir Airbag) (I know that MorRyde is currently and option)

Electrical:
Upgraded battery capacity and pure sine wave inverter

Entertainment / Communications:
Installed Satellite dish antenna, installed Satellite radio antenna, installed WiFi antenna

I think it would be so much easier for new purchasers to roll these options into their financed price rather than pay for them piecemeal in the years after the purchase.

davebennington

Dick,

Are you forgetting the truck, first you spend 45 to 50K on the truck and then you have to put on running boards, mud flaps, gauges, deep finned tranny pan, differential cover, extra fuel tank and last but not least a hitch.

Look at it this way they are only pictures of dead people.(Julie hates it when I say that)

dave

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I always thought a boat was a hole I kept putting money into. Now we have a 5th wheel, I sure enjoy finding new things I just can't do with out. I can't pass a camping world or any other RV supply store. it would have been great if the sales people would have an accesssory list to add on at time of purchase. But there will always be something new that we can't pass up.
By the way trdeal what part of N.C. are you in? I am a Tar Heel born transplant out here in Oklahoma. I sure enjoy watching the TarHeels and the Bluedevils play basketball.. We are coming out there in Sept. The wife has a conference looking forward to the trip..Maybe we will see you folks in Gillette if you are going.. Thanks

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I just wish that Heartland offered ALL of these upgrades as options, maybe in a discounted deluxe package (like the automakers do). Then they could sell a basic competitive pricepoint, yet also offer a deluxe version that is smoother riding, safer, and has the deluxe features. I wish the RV sales advisors had the knowledge and concern to recommend these options that I could see in a deluxe package:

Suspension and Brakes:
MorRyde IS or TrailAir Centerpoint ride smoothing systems
NeverFail suspension Bushings
Oil Bath Wheel Bearings
Disk Brake or oversized Drum Brakes
Premium Tires (Already offered)
17 1/2 inch wheels and tires (balanced)
CorrectTrack Axle alignment system

Hitch:
Shock reducing Pinbox (MorRyde rubber block or TrailAir Airbag) (I know that MorRyde is currently and option)

Electrical:
Upgraded battery capacity and pure sine wave inverter

Entertainment / Communications:
Installed Satellite dish antenna, installed Satellite radio antenna, installed WiFi antenna

I think it would be so much easier for new purchasers to roll these options into their financed price rather than pay for them piecemeal in the years after the purchase.

Bill,

You are just trying to take some of the fun out of the whole process!! but seriously I tend to agree with you a list would be great - but there are so many different products on the market to solve each problem ( or option ) and some have features that others do not - so again it will be more of what you want in a solution than what the OEM defines as an option.

Kevin

brianharrison

In some ways, I agree with the option of adding more common mods up front from factory. In other ways, I love the process of making mods to my trailer and turning it into my own....... It gives me something to do and make conversation and the campground....

Brian