Pressure Pro or TST system

Rodbuster

These two systems seem to be the most popular systems being used. With that being said, I gather that they are the best and most reliable systems out there.

Would you tell me if one system has any advantages over the other system?
Would you also tell me where the best place is to purchase this system?

Thank you
Dick

rjr6150

Dick
Can't really recommend one over the other we purchased the TST direct from manufacture and are happy with the performance to date. It is a little over a year old now.

jnbhobe

we're going into the 4th year with the TST 510 and I know people who have switched from PP to TST

brianharrison

Last time I checked (about 2 years ago) the TST was a lower priced alternative for about the same features/# of sensors. Good service from both, I've heard. I have the TST and am quite happy with its performance.

Brian

crazybanshee

I been running the Pressure Pro for about 5 years and it has saved us tires and trailer sides. Bought it through Mike & Pat. I think they have a thread on this forum

Wolfpackers

TST here. had one sensor quit after 23 months, but was replaced at no charge by TST under warranty. I bought as part of a "group buy" on another RV forum. As part of the group purchase, we got a discount plus an extra year on the warranty. Top notch system and folks to deal with IMHO.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Get the TST, Buy it directly from truck system technologies. Awesome customer service, good pricing, and a great product.

Rodbuster

Well, without a doubt, the TST system seems to be the most popular.

Now, could you help me a little more with choosing the right model?
The 507 or the 510 and please include "why".... also, how many sensors should I get? The perfect situation would be 10 sensors...4 for the RV and 6 for the dually F-350. I don't think that my Ford dually comes with a factory installed TPMS. I think it does come on the trucks that have single rear wheels. I'm thinking of just getting 4 for now for the RV and hoping to add sensors in the future. (I'll give you all my address for birthday and Christmas gifts)
I have also heard that there might be an issue with putting these sensors on truck tires that "do not" have steel stems. I would appreciate a clarification on that also.

Thank you for your time
Dick

brianharrison

I have 510, bought with 6 sensors, 507 has replaceable batteries in the sensors. Other than that they are similar, both measure up to 22 tires.
Just went to TST site and did some comparison --> right now, both systems with 4 sensors are same price at 259.00

I have 4 on the trailer right now (steel valve stems), so I have two extra sensors; the batteries in the 510 are not replaceable but only use power (transmit) when connected to pressure (ie installed).

Steel valve stems are required or else the wieght of the sensor will bend the stem when rotating, possible stem failure scenario.

My 2008 SRW Ford has rubber valve stems and I will upgrade in the future.

Take care,
Brian

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dick, I went with the TST 507. Ordered it direct. Have not e
ven put the sensors on yet. Finally got the sensors programed. Didn't read about having the other sensors away until I was done. Everytime I got a sensor online it would drop another. But I finally got the all set. Now just need to get them on the tires and programed with the right psi and temp set.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I got the 510 system last year with only 4 sensors, since the truck still has rubber stems (until I replace the tires). Works like it says it should. Unfortunately or fortunately, the only flat I've had was on the truck at the Goshen rally when one of the gate valve caps on an inner dually leaked the tire flat. Must have happened while the truck was parked after we got there. Was also my first use of GS ERS to change the tire. Once I park the rig on the seasonal site, I take the sensors off and just use a tire gage to check them occasionally.

porthole

Retired
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
Well, without a doubt, the TST system seems to be the most popular.

Now, could you help me a little more with choosing the right model?
The 507 or the 510 and please include "why".... also, how many sensors should I get? The perfect situation would be 10 sensors...4 for the RV and 6 for the dually F-350. I don't think that my Ford dually comes with a factory installed TPMS. I think it does come on the trucks that have single rear wheels. I'm thinking of just getting 4 for now for the RV and hoping to add sensors in the future. (I'll give you all my address for birthday and Christmas gifts)
I have also heard that there might be an issue with putting these sensors on truck tires that "do not" have steel stems. I would appreciate a clarification on that also.

i have had both TST systems.
I prefer the 507.

The display is much thinner and easier to mount, has an on off switch and is capable of "auto sensing" the sensors.
I will be changing the batteries before the season starts this year, not a big deal. Somewhere on the site I posted a link for a good price on batteries.

ebay search - 10 ENERGIZER CR1632 1632 LITHIUM BATTERIES
This seller 1111deals. Incredible feedback, 100% with 27000+ hits

I have 10 sensors, same truck and no, your DRW does not come with a TPMS.
Your DRW has the correct stems for the rear tires, the fronts are not full steel, but I use them anyway.
I did have a valve stem leak this year, took it to Firestone and asked for all metal stems, they said OK and put the same type back on. Go figure.

The 507 sensors have removable anti tamper caps. I leave these off. Not concerned with theft (yet) and it makes for a “tool-less” installation.
With the DRW, I can just get my hand in the wheel slot to put the sensors on.

You cannot put the sensors with the tamper caps on without removing the rear wheels!
Stinks when you want to adjust the air pressure. I did run inner wheel extensions, but they have there own drawbacks.

I did run 4 sensors on my standard rims and valve stems that my GMC had for a year with no problems.

Another plug for a monitoring systems. Doesn’t matter what brand.

The clip is a tire failure I had coming back from Elkhart, gave me pelnty of warning and room to find a safe place to pull over.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have a Doran RV TPMS It has worked great. The only issues I have had is several sensors quit working. I sent them back to Doran and they replaced them at no charge. I think the Doran system is a great one.

vakthund

Anyone used the TST 507 on a 2011 DRW Ram? The stem on the inner wheel is plastic, not threaded (no cap), and there would be limited space for a sensor through the access hole in the outer rim. I'd prefer to use internal sensors on the truck but I don't know if they will fit on the inner wheel since the current stem is straight and the stem on the sensor is bent. Trying to contact them but no luck so far.

Sandpirate69

I've been using the TST 507. They work great. I only use them on the rig, since my chevy dually has TPMS on all the rims. But i have been considering installing a set on the chevy. I just have to figure on how to shrink my hand & arm to get inbetween the dualls. LOL

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok am I thinking correctly here, I went ahead and bought 2 more sensors. One for each spare tire while I was at it. Has anyone else considered this?

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Seems like a runaway for TST, so here is my 2 cents for Pressure Pro. As you already guess, I have Pressure pro on my BC as well as my TV, and am now going in to my 4th year. It saved me from a blowout on my trailer traveling on an interstate when I received a warning for "low pressure" and falling, and was able to take an exit and resolve the problem before any damage occurred. It has made checking tire pressures before every travel day simple, where as before TPMS I would manually check each tire with a pressure gauge. Pressure Pro I believe is more costly than TST (or used to be), but the single BIGGEST factor that led me to buy the Pressure Pro system over all of the other choices was: it is Made In America. End of story.

mlburst1

Another happy Pressure Pro user - it has saved us twice in the last two years - LF tire on TV and LF tire on the trailer - both times the alarm sounded with plenty of time to get off the road and change the tire before any damage to the truck or rig - both tires were plugged and put back on the road.

Made in America made it a no brainer.