Club for Single RV'ers

wdk450

Gang:
I would like to recommend an RVing club for single RV'ers, The Loners On Wheels (or LOW's). They are a national group with chapters throughout the country. They own their own park in Demming, New Mexico, with very reasonable monthly rates for members. The national website is:
http://lonersonwheels.com/index.html

I belong to the Northern California Chapter, the NorLow's. We have monthly 4 day "campouts" at parks throughout Northern California from March to November. I went to a campout on the northern Sacramento River at Corning two weeks ago. Up coming campouts are at French Camp (in the Sacramento River Delta), the Napa Valley, Graeagle (in the Central Sierras west of Truckee), Hat Creek (the fly fishing mecca north of the Mt. Lassen volcano), Dillon Beach (on the Sonoma County coast) among others. Here is a link to the NorLow's website (NOTE: The website needs to be updated and the "Campouts" link lists the 2011 campouts - The 2012 campouts are listed at the end of the "Newsletter" link. A membership contact link is on the home page).
http://www.nor-lows.com/index.htm

Please note that this is a "Singles" only group, and they have rules saying that people arriving at their campouts with an adult member of the opposite sex in their RV will be turned away.

brianharrison

Bill, thanks for the information - not for me, but I have a single brother-in-law who I've tried to recruit to the camping world a number of times - he is waffelling on coming with us down south because he is not a "couple". I'll pass it along.

If I may (because I am curious), what is the ratio of male/female for these clubs?

Brian

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Bill, thanks for the information - not for me, but I have a single brother-in-law who I've tried to recruit to the camping world a number of times - he is waffelling on coming with us down south because he is not a "couple". I'll pass it along.

If I may (because I am curious), what is the ratio of male/female for these clubs?

Brian

Hi Brian,

You should tell your Brother-in-Law that Camping is not a "Couples" Activities and he will meet a lot of great people, regardless if they are "couples" or not. I was a bit hesitant at first, being a widower, but The NY folks will tell you that did not stop me!! And I've had a blast!!

Of course I'm not out looking for Mrs Right - so it does not matter to me what the marital status of the people I meet is...

Kevin

wdk450

Brian

The ratio in our chapter is about 3 to 1 women. When I stayed a few days with some of the national group in Quartzsite this January, it was more like 2 to 1 women.

Wharton

Escapees also has a singles group called Solos that have a great time. There seems to be a fair amount of singles in the Escapees Boomers group also.

WilmanJim

While we were hosting for 6 years at Santee Lakes in Southern CA we had a group of single Ladies called L.O.L.O.W. Little Old Ladies On Wheels and they were from all walks of life. They had anywhere from 42' Coach's to Tents and they were ther to enjoy Life and they did.

Jim