Getting Ready and a Delay

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We dropped the rig off at the dealer this afternoon to get it ready for another season. Wheel bearing repack, brake inspection, full systems check of appliances, electrical, and plumbing, along with a SealTek leak test. Should be ready to pick up next Monday if there's no problems.

Might have to modify our plans to move it up north since I just got summoned for jury duty the beginning of May. Maybe I can get out of it if I wear a "Hang 'Em All" shirt to the interview. Been on jury duty before in the previous county we lived in. Boooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnggggg. In this area, it's either murder or drugs, or both. And the defendants are usually guilty or oughta be.

danemayer

If you haven't already done so recently, you can probably get it rescheduled to a date more suitable to your plans. Our courts will give us one "convenience" reschedule.

JohnDar

If you haven't already done so recently, you can probably get it rescheduled to a date more suitable to your plans. Our courts will give us one "convenience" reschedule.

Maybe, but our plans aren't etched in stone. The way it works, I have to report on Thursday, May 3 and May 10, and am liable for selection during that time frame, including the 10th. Moving it any further into the summer would really mess things up. Moving it earlier would mess up my newly acquired FD work schedule and cost $$. Too bad one of the questions on the initial notice isn't if you're unemployed. If yes, come on in and get your $25. If no, or happily retired, stay the **** away you money grubbing creep. I be in the latter crowd.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Call into the clerks office. Tell them you have made out of town plans that can not be rescheduled. Ask them to reschedule you for a date and give them the date you will be back in town.

It can't hurt. If you were an Escapee you could call the clerk and they will dismiss your summons and ask you to volunteer when you get back into town. I have volunteered twice and received 3 different summons. Most clerks will try to help you.

BC

JohnDar

I probably could, but I might as well get it over and done with. Defense attorneys probably won't like my non-liberal answers, anyways.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
$25????? California only pays $5. Quite....its a secret....I call them a tell them I'm on my way to Montana and dont know when I will be back. Just got one and have to call Sunday night to see if I have to report. DRAT

JohnDar

Picked up the rig at General RV this morning and all systems are go for launch. But the countdown is delayed due to jury duty the beginning of May and some necessary repairs on the house that won't start until around May 7. If the weather holds, though, we might be able to haul the rig north before the normal start of the season May 1 and park it on site.