Considering purchasing a Cyclone 3712CK vs a Fuzion

BBinNC

We went to a dealer in VA today and looked at both the Keystone Fuzion and the Heartland Cyclone. We checked out the web to see what people say about each. We found some very negative articles about Keystone. Someone stated that Keystone is such a big company that you are going to have a few unhappy owners who are going to speak out. We did not find any negative comments about Heartland. I'd like to know what other Heartland owners think about the customer support they get from Heartland and if you are happy with your purchase. Also, if anyone has the 3712CK, how do you like it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
BBinNC, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you in a Cyclone. There is plenty of good information on this forum.
We own our second Heartland Bighorn. We didn't buy the second one because of bad service.
I think Heartland does an excelent job with customer service. But there will always be someone with a problem no matter who made it.
I am sure that some Cyclone owner will chime in.

Peace
Dave

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We're on our third Heartland product, two Bighorns and now a Landmark Grand Canyon. Heartland support and service to their customers is outstanding and I don't believe you will find a company that takes better care of you, their customer, than Heartland.

CliffP

We did not find any negative comments about Heartland. I'd like to know what other Heartland owners think about the customer support they get from Heartland and if you are happy with your purchase.

Welcome to the forum, glad you're on the way to a Heartland purchase. IMHO Heartlands customer service is outstanding! We had to contact them for an issue that most peoples eyes wouldn't have seen but my picky eyes did. I sent an email in to customer service and they called me back within an hour. This is not to claim they would get back to you that quick but even a couple of days or a week would have been a great response time. Good luck with your shopping!

Cliff and Mindy

Porkchop

I called heartland about some options that wanted some clarification on. I spoke to a service or parts guy for over 1/2 hour and he kept answering all my questions and I had a lot of questions. That says a lot to me that they take the time for someone that doesn't even own one yet.

I have never seen a cyclone or heartland product before and this forum, the people on it, and the support from the factory made me decide that I wanted a heartland.

On the good Sam forum, mthe heartland owners there are also seem very happy with heartland.

Good luck with your decision!

PeternLiane

Welcome!

I think that every manufacturer has to deal with someone that just can't be pleased. Those people will speak out. 4 years ago we took the plunge and bought a SOB hybrid trailer (SOB = some other brand). We fell in love with camping. We thought about getting a bigger but light trailer. We looked for almost 3 years for a new trailer. we looked at every brand out there in our weight class. We looked at used ones and new ones. We quickly found out why people were trading in these trailers. We discovered the North Trail and Heartland about 2 years ago. We liked the quality in the Heartland products that we were seeing. We found out that Heartland not only made some really good trailers they also had some really good customer service. We took the plunge again with our 2012 North Trail. We love our North Trail and the Heartland customer service.

Hopefully we'll be saying congratulations on your new Heartland purchase soon.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
BB,

Welcome to the Forums. I own a Cyclone, but it is a smaller one 3010. I am very happy with the Quality! One thing that I truly believe makes Heartland Stand out is their Customer Service. I have called them several times to find information both before and after the purchase of my used Cyclone (keep in mind there is no warranty on a used unit) and they took all the time that I needed to educate me and answer all of my questions. And one other thing that I believe makes then second to none is the fact that we can connect with the Brand Managers of our rigs,
and they are all very approachable.

And Heartland Owners also have this forum that is a great source of information and help as well as a very mature and active Owners Club that holds many regional and National Events every year.

If you have any questions about the 3712 or the Cyclone line I'm sure that an Owner will be happy to assist.

Kevin

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
I wanted to introduce myself my name is AJ Jones the GM(yes at 12:10 am) i wanted to let you know if you choose the cyclone you will absolutely get the best built toy hauler in the industry (not to mention if looking at the 3712 the only outside kitchen in the industry). If you would like to contact the factory I would love to tell you some of the differences between the fuzion and cyclone. I am sure that you will see the best value for your money and the best toy hauler is built by heartland!!! I hope to welcome you to the heartland family soon!!!!!!

Bksvo

We were going through the same decision process a few weeks ago. To me, hands down, the Cyclone was a better quality product that had the features that were important to our family (and we do use it 2-3 months out of the year). The customer service that was apparent in this forum was the icing on the cake. We will be taking delivery of our 3800 in the next couple weeks. Best of Luck!

Bksvo

Thanks, AJ. We are excited. There are a few tweaks that the dealer is taking care of that I want done before delivery. I'm also adding the front AC, a light switch in the rear lav (my kids could never use the light the way it is), a 110v outlet in the bottom display shelf in the kitchen (for a coffee pot), and a patio awning over the living room slideout.

I think you guys should really consider putting in more switched lights, which would fit more with the high class features of the trailer. They also make it much more kid friendly.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My husband would like to talk to you. How do we get in touch with the factory and then on to you?

BBinNC, You can contact forum members by PM (private message). Mouse click on the member name of the person you want to send a message to. Then click on private message. A message center will open for you to send messages or ask specific questions of any forum member. You can contact the factory directly by calling Heartland Customer Service.
Or you can ask anything you would like of the entire forum. Just start a new thread or reply to any topic that may interest you.
That said, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Browse around and ask away!

BBinNC

We will contact AJ tomorrow. Mike is watching the Master's on TV right now. Thanks for all the information you all have provided.

BarneyFife

We bought a new 370C last May from RV Outlet. Great group of folks if that's where you're shopping.

After about a month or so, our 370C's brakes went almost completely dead. The best description I can give is the brakes performed like the controller was set on 2 while it was set on maximum in the truck. Took the dealer three separate attempts to find the solution. I spoke with Heartland twice on the phone and their attitude was "Its Dexter's axles, its Dexter's problem". I was extremely unimpressed with Heartland's "we don't care" attitude; especially over an issue as big as failing brakes on a 15,000 lb, $55,000 brand new camper.

Fortunately, the people at Dexter were top notch and they finally helped RV Outlet replace the defective parts to an upgrade and all is well. We like our 370C and use it often. But with some other small "quality issues" and Heartland's poor customer service with us, we'll definitely look more at the Fuzions, Raptors, and Voltages next time around.

Lynn1130

Kevin-"smaller one"?? My wife says it is a big axx trailer, especially when we try to get into tight spots LOL.

I love mine and I love Heartland customer service. They have been there for me every time I have needed help.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
We bought a new 370C last May from RV Outlet. Great group of folks if that's where you're shopping.

After about a month or so, our 370C's brakes went almost completely dead. The best description I can give is the brakes performed like the controller was set on 2 while it was set on maximum in the truck. Took the dealer three separate attempts to find the solution. I spoke with Heartland twice on the phone and their attitude was "Its Dexter's axles, its Dexter's problem". I was extremely unimpressed with Heartland's "we don't care" attitude; especially over an issue as big as failing brakes on a 15,000 lb, $55,000 brand new camper.

Fortunately, the people at Dexter were top notch and they finally helped RV Outlet replace the defective parts to an upgrade and all is well. We like our 370C and use it often. But with some other small "quality issues" and Heartland's poor customer service with us, we'll definitely look more at the Fuzions, Raptors, and Voltages next time around.
I am sorry if you have had a bad experience, but I an assure you that it is not the norm. We pride our selves on great quality and service. I would like to know about the issues that you have had if you don't mind private massaging me or contacting me at the factory, just ask for AJ.

Thanks,

Aj Jones

BarneyFife

I am sorry if you have had a bad experience, but I an assure you that it is not the norm. We pride our selves on great quality and service. I would like to know about the issues that you have had if you don't mind private massaging me or contacting me at the factory, just ask for AJ.

Thanks,

Aj Jones

PM sent. Thank you