Hyd Fluid leaking

StephenKatSea

Have recently noticed that the plastic cover for the battery on our BH3670 has hydraulic fluid leaked upon it when we open that compartment. Although we have not used or cycled our slides. Our BH remains on site full time with all slides extended. Does pressure remain on this hydraulic system, even if the slides have not been in operation? So far, we have not been able to observe a source of this leak. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Is there a fitting above the observed leak? Feel around under the fitting for fluid, it may need tightening.

Bobby A

I had the same thing, and there was a fitting loose, tightened it up and haven't had a problem, its been a couple months now.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I agree, I have years of experience with hydraulic systems. Always torque the fittings first pressure and vibration like to back these things off. You might not think that you tightened it any at all but it doesn't take much at all for them to leak. I was an Army Engineer and spent a tour of duty as a Construction Equipment Operator instructor. That was part of our PMCS process that we taught. If you were leaking at a fitting, tighten it up before you write it up for maintenance.