TST- Where and How

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Started the process of mounting the TST display in the truck and had a few questions. I'm surprised how sensitive the unit is to angle, a few degrees off and you can hardly see the images on the screen. Where did most of you mount the monitor, up high near the top of the dash or lower below the radio and controls? Also, did you hardwire for power or just use the power adapter?

Thanks for the help

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My 2009 GMC had a convenient spot to put a piece of velcro to mount the display. Allows me to rotate it towards me a little for better viewing. Gives it a little darker background than up on the dash in the bright light and it's easily removed when not needed. The mounting clips that come with it would not work with my vents.

View attachment 18564

SilverRhino

Mounted mine on the top of the dash trim using double faced tape to mount the base. I hard wired mine by bringing the power up behind the dash trim and out right at the mounting base. The unit is wired to a add on fuse panel that I installed......Power with the ignition, so unit can have it's switch in the off position and will only come on when the key is on.

I have my satelite radio and GPS system mounted below the radio and all my engine gauges are on the A pillar and the steering column so the dash top seemed to be my best option......Works for me!

Travel Safe!

porthole

Retired
Jamie, which one do you have? Makes a difference for the mount. I use the rechargeable battery and charge when required. I also use the antenna. I had one wheel that occasionally didn't read.Here is my 507. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=190562&viewfull=1#post190562