water heater door gone

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Our water heater door on the outside of our Grand Canyon fell off (don't ask, don't tell). What is the best way to get a new door? And what should be cover the hole with while we are waiting for a new door? Please advise.

Christina Seaman

jbeletti

Christina,

Is your water heater a Suburban? Here's a link to their website. Contact them in the morning to see if the 12 gallon unit you most likely have, has the same door as the 10 gallon unit.

Here's a link to PPL. They sell tons of new RV parts and this link is to their water heater door page.

For temporary travel, with the water heater off and cooled, consider using a piece of cardboard cut an inch larger than the opening, then tape it in place with some good duct tape and travel away! Don't forget to take it off before you turn the water heater back on.

Here's another one: RV Parts Outlet.com Looks like the 10 and 12 gallon units use the same door.

Jim

ChopperBill

Loosing that door has always spooked me. The Atwood water heater on our TC is hinged at the bottom. It ain't going no where.
Yikes! Just read Jim's links. Pretty pricey for that thing!

nscaler2

ChopperBill said:
Loosing that door has always spooked me. The Atwood water heater on our TC is hinged at the bottom. It ain't going no where.
Yikes! Just read Jim's links. Pretty pricey for that thing!

Chopper,
I have found that RV parts and stuff are like things for a wedding. If it says it is for a wedding or an RV, it costs 3 times as much as if it were for anything else. :eek::eek:

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
I really love this Forum..Ordered my part this a.m. Thanks again,Jim
Christina
going to Colorado Springs tomorrow for the month of July

gawelsh

Is Jim the best thing ever OR WHAT ?! He knows everything or can point you to who does !! The man's a genius (plus he has 2 Yorkies and we all know that 2-Yorkie owners are wonderful folk:rolleyes: )

Seriously, what would we do without this forum - it's the best!

jbeletti

Hi Christina,

Glad that worked out for you. Hope you find your door waiting for you in Colorado Springs.

Lindsey,

You're too kind. Actually, there are hundreds of RVers on this forum who know a lot more about RVing than me. But I'm a really good Googler.

Having fun now that we're at the trailer.....

Jim