New old unit?

wildwolfproducts

What would be different between, a 5th wheel that is new on the lot and a 2011 model and one sold? Reason i'm asking this question, is there's one for sale in Ms. Its been sitting on there lot for a while thus the 2013's are being sold now. But this 2011 is being sold as new? But being the roof is 2 years old even though its not been used, that roof would in my mind still need to be serviced. The tires, they have sat there for those months on end in one spot with out being moved other then change spots on the lot. The little black Donuts between the springs are cracked would need to be replaced off the start. The paint has been beat to death by sun for its whole life.. Carpet and other stuff has seen lots of traffic, lots of people sitting on the stuff. Drawers and anything that moves opened and shut as much as most would in a year of use. Also the door where the Gen would go is not the sale color as the body paint. It is a full body paint unit
4909582_3.jpg4909582_7.jpg4909582_2.jpg
The Appliance roll up door has seen someone that was stupid and they messed it up. I know warranty will fix that.
4909582_1.jpg
This unit is one of those that Heartland has delivered to the dealer to sell. And Heartland gave them a big discount to move it. They did give a good price on it, but just not a great price being its an old unit. Even though its never been sold to me its still about the same as if it has been sold. We take a beating the minute we pull one off the lot. But they expect the buyer to pay top dollar even though its old.
Just wish it has the outdoor TV center on it also.
Pete

danemayer

You might want to use the NADA website for used RVs as a price guide. Even though "new" this unit is a 2011 and if you had an insurance loss, or resold it, or traded it after a few years, it would be 2 years older and of lower value than a 2013. The dealer should be absorbing most of the lost value from the rig being 2 years old.

Also you'd miss out on recent improvements on Landmarks. I'm not sure which Landmarks have this, but I'd want the new whisper-quiet A/C system. I'd also want the YETI package that was introduced toward the end of the 2011 model year. You already mentioned the outdoor TV center. There are other things.

On the pics you attached, it might be lighting, but the color of the front access panel to the generator area looks different, making me wonder if it's been replaced and either not painted, or painted incorrectly.

Net, I'd want a very, very deep discount to buy this unit.

brianharrison

That is a later 2011 Grand Canyon, with the frameless Kinro windows, I think this is after December 13, 2010. You can see the manufacture date on the VIN sticker. I do not remember this paint color as an option for full body paint so it may have been used by HL for shows? Just a guess. Take the VIN and call HL and they should be able to tell you the history.

I would not hesitate buying this unit, and replacing the small things that you mention. I'm 99% positive the tires are G614s and even at two years old (check date code on tire Reference here) they are still good for a couple of years, in my opinion.

The front compartment door can be removed and painted if it gets on your nerves (it would for me)......

Roofs are good for lifetime, and only a good wash with Dawn dish soap will smarten that right up. I would check the caulk on the roof but Dicor lap sealant from factory should not be a concern on this unit.

As Dan mentions, I would be looking for a good discount. I'll PM you some info on costs for my unit (earlier 2011 GC).

Brian

GOTTOYS

I don't think the NADA values are anywhere near realistic..I would just comparison shop and price this the same as any other used 2011. The fact that the tires haven't rolled in a couple years wouldn't bother me as I'd replace them anyway if they're the junk maypops most of them come with. The only advantage I see in getting this would be it has a warranty where a used one doesn't...Don

wildwolfproducts

Always love NADA prices.. They have it priced for way more than I can buy it for. Shoot even on my last 3 boats I sold they were way low, as in $5500 each lower then they brought. But on this camper. Man if I could turn around and sell it next week, Could make a good profit on it LOL
Thanks guys, Unless they come down on the price more then they have it now, we will just order the new 2013 Key Largo. AS its only about $5000. more than this 2011. But with half body paint, then about $5000. more options added to it. Then a long drive to pick it up. But for that kind of cash I can drive a day and make a vacation out of it.

bighorn3370

Before I bought my BH, I had bought SOB. I had bought it new, and it was two model years old. The dealer had one of the year before, and the new year just came in. I walked all three, and they were all about the same. The only difference was minor. I only had a problem with the landing gear and the radio. The roof and tires were just fine. Between the fifth wheel hitch, installation, and the discount on the unit, it was about $10,000.00.